Social Channel Manager
Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has over 11 million active customers globally and more than 64,000 of the world’s best retailers around the world including Anthropologie, Revolve, DSW, GOAT, Finish Line, Levi’s, Mac Cosmetics, Ray-Ban and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
Afterpay/Clearpay is looking for an extraordinary social strategist who will drive awareness and brand affinity through storytelling and information sharing on a variety of channels, including Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Facebook, and YouTube. This role will further a major focus on channel growth and engagement in the US and UK through content excellence and strategic intent, all while delivering on our goals and important metrics that push the brand forward.
As a Social Channel Manager on the Integrated Marketing team, you'll partner with the broader Marketing Team supporting all brand campaign efforts, working closely with cross-functional Marketing disciplines (including Growth, Partner Marketing, CRM, PR, Malls/Retail). As a leader, influencer, and strong brand marketer, you will be responsible for building a strategic vision for Afterpay’s presence online, building the team's content strategy, channel strategy, and overall social marketing approach. You’ll take a data-driven approach, increasing efficiency through optimizations and testing. You will report to the Director of Integrated Marketing in North America.
- Lead the social growth strategy for the Afterpay and Clearpay brands: Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Twitter
- Develop US and UK monthly content calendars in partnership with the Afterpay Brand Studio to align with regional business goals and objectives, while also ensuring content is 100% compliant
- Oversee community management (responding in an on-brand manner to public facing comments) and be a liaison with compliance
- Lead and ideate social initiatives in support of brand, product and merchant campaigns (e.g. holiday, back to school)
- Run your own creative briefs and workflow with our art and design partners.
- Own monthly monitoring, pacing, optimization, tracking and reporting for both our US and UK markets
- Deliver a paid social strategy to drive audience growth and traffic to site/app from Afterpay organic channels
- Surface opportunities for testing and improvements based on social trends
- Monitor dashboards and key reporting tools to understand channel effectiveness
- Build and maintain strong relationships with our third party partners (ex. tech partners) to ensure we’re following best practices
- Work cross-functionally (analytics, compliance, data science, creative strategy, product strategy) with a social lens to educate and put our best foot forward to meet acquisition goals and support initiatives
- 6+ years of related social media marketing experience
- Experience with paid advertising or audience growth
- Experience working cross-functionally and optimizing towards multiple business goals
- An analytical mindset with a strong knowledge of Excel/Google Sheets for Data Analysis and campaign reporting
- Fluency in Canva
- Excellent business acumen, communication skills, and self starting attitude.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $138,200 - USD $169,000
Zone B: USD $128,500 - USD $157,100
Zone C: USD $121,700 - USD $148,700
Zone D: USD $110,600 - USD $135,200
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.