iOS Engineer - Community, Cash App
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers.
The Community team builds meaningful customer interactions within Cash App. We connect our customers to one other to help them achieve mutually beneficial financial outcomes, together. The Community team is responsible for the Cash App person-to-person payment experience (yes, that iconic green keypad), customer profiles, and invitations. We recently introduced Favorites to Cash App, and are working on a number of innovations that introduce our customers to a richer payment experience for individuals and groups.
As part of the iOS engineering team for Cash, you’ll develop new customer-facing features and enhance our existing ones to scale. We’re developing industry-leading design systems and adding exciting new functionality to our ecosystem. Currently we’re focusing on enhancing our invitation and referrals program, introducing new ways to engage your contacts on Cash, and streamlining our payment experience.
- Craft durable, well-tested code with an unwavering commitment to product quality
- Learn to craft gorgeous, pixel-perfect UI and animations
- Deliver features to tens of millions of customers, shipping at a fast and exciting cadence
- Build new functionality into an app designed to provide real value to its customers
- Partner with Android and backend developers on delivering remarkable solutions
- Re-architect legacy code and prep it to scale for the future of the product and the team
- Be mentored by a team of dedicated engineers who are committed to your professional growth
- Experience creating readable, well-crafted, and maintainable code
- Experience voicing customer feedback into product solutions (engineering makes substantive contributions to product definition)
- A commitment to continuous improvement (yourself, your teammates, your software)
Technologies we use and teach:
- Swift, Objective-C
- UIKit, CoreAnimation, SQLite, Accessibility
- Unit tests, snapshot tests, integration tests
- Protocol buffers
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $152,100 - USD $185,900
Zone B: USD $144,500 - USD $176,700
Zone C: USD $136,900 - USD $167,300
Zone D: USD $129,300 - USD $158,100
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.