Release and Test Engineer
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers.
As a Release and Test Engineer on Cash, your goal is to ensure we are shipping high-quality versions of Cash App to our customers at a consistent cadence. You will drive initiatives and build tools for increasing release and test efficiency across Cash and work collaboratively with members of the Product, Quality, and Engineering teams.
Release and Test Engineering
- Design or make major improvements to automation testing frameworks, integrate with CI systems, parallelize automated test execution, including execution in device cloud
- Create release tools to automate release management tasks
- Build test tools to automate test data setup
- Write automated tests for product features
- Plan release schedules for Cash App on iOS and Android, and communicate regular release status updates
- Define, track and communicate app health metrics to an internal engineering and product audience
- Manage release branches, review late release and production fixes
- 1+ years of experience in release management of mobile applications
- 3+ years directly interfacing with technical teams such as Engineering or Product
- 3+ years of experience developing and maintaining automation UI and/or API based test frameworks
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, Jenkins and GitHub
- Experience with Kotlin, Java or Swift
- A proven record of prioritizing and coordinating work across a large number of product teams (including Engineering, QA, Product Management and Design teams)
Technologies we use and teach:
- Jira and TestRail for test/defect management
- Java, Selenium WebDriver, Appium, JUnit, TestNG, and Gradle for UI test automation
- Jenkins/CircleCI, GCP, Docker for infrastructure and CI/CD integration
- SauceLab and AppliTool for cross platform and visual validation
- PAW/Postman, Cucumber, Gherkins, Hemcrest for API-based testing
- Charles Proxy, Android Studio, XCode, iOS/Android simulator/emulator for native testing and debugging
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $138,200 - USD $169,000
Zone B: USD $131,300 - USD $160,500
Zone C: USD $124,400 - USD $152,000
Zone D: USD $117,500 - USD $143,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.