Content Designer, Retail Team
So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, offer buy now, pay later functionality through Afterpay, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
As a Content Designer on Square for Retail, you will partner closely with Product Designers, Product Managers, Researchers, as well as Engineering and Legal to increase ease of use across our product. You’ll also help to build the processes we will rely on to grow the Content Design discipline within our team and across the company. You will report to the Design Lead for Retail.
The is remotely friendly role (based in Canada).
- Be hands-on — writing and editing copy across our retail team. This includes the smallest micro copy to the most visible headlines and everything in between.
- Help the Product Design team become more efficient by developing processes and workflows for collaborating with Content Design.
- Drive best practices for Content Design in collaboration with our design systems team as well as other Content Designers across the company.
- Build strong relationships with cross-functional team members and leads across the organization, and effectively speak to processes and value of the writing discipline.
- Partner with Brand/Marketing writers to define how our brand voice is expressed thoughtfully within our products.
- Apply metrics, data, design research, usability testing, customer support insights, and more to inform content and language decisions as well as influence design direction from a content perspective.
- Manage and prioritize your workload of multiple projects with different collaborators.
- At least (5) years of relevant professional experience
- A portfolio with examples of previous Content Design work specifically showing how you improved user experience through language, from interface copy to style guides and beyond.
- Experience being embedded in a product design team with whom you collaborate closely.
- Experience navigating ambiguity and lack of structure.
- Strong attention to detail with regard to grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Comfortable providing feedback on UI/UX designs, asking thoughtful questions about product strategy, and applying learnings from quantitative and qualitative research.
- Experience creating copy guidelines, working with design systems
- Familiarity with accessibility standards
- Experience in technical writing
- Experience in marketing or brand writing
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.