Sales Enablement Program Manager, Afterpay
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
The Afterpay Enablement Program Manager will play a critical role in the success of the Afterpay organization by developing the strategy, driving execution, and communicating the business impact of Afterpay Enablement programs. You will have the opportunity to build the Afterpay enablement & sales training strategy and will play a key role in creating, piloting, launching, and maintaining an enablement program to align with Afterpay’s global sales strategy. You are a strategic thinker who is passionate about building innovative enablement programs aimed at upleveling the skills of our Afterpay Sales team and helping them surpass their goals. In this role, you will truly have the opportunity to manage a program that is mission critical to our organization's ability to scale, hit goals, and develop top talent.
- Develop a repeatable and highly effective global framework for sales enablement for Afterpay. In your first six to twelve months, you will support the end-to-end project management for recommending and creating a sales enablement & training strategy for this sales organization.
- Strategically build, manage, and grow a global learning and development program that makes a measurable impact on business performance.This may include facilitating, working closely with our learning experience team for instructional and content design, and managing external vendors.
- Closely collaborate with sales leadership to identify and prioritize improvements to the ongoing sales skills program(s.)
- Closely collaborate with the sales enablement team including our Learning Experience Design team, QA team, onboarding team, and go-to-market and content development team.
- Regularly report on the performance of the program and communicate business impact through monthly and/or quarterly business reviews.
- Balance your time between facilitating training classes, program management responsibilities, and strategic planning.
- Open to travel up to 25% of time (will depend on the training schedules that you help to create!)
- 5+ years of related experiences in sales, sales training, sales enablement, learning & development or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience working in a training or enablement role focused on sales skills and/or implementing sales methodology
- 3+ years of experience in learning program management
- Well versed in adult learning methodologies, instructional design principles, and classroom facilitation techniques, especially for a sales team.
- Direct experience working within sales organizations.
- Proven ability to manage a project from inception to completion in a well organized and professional manner.
- Experience measuring and articulating the impact of L&D programs on bottom line sales performance.
- A history of facilitating learning experiences through a variety of platforms (in-person / virtual lectures, experiential learning, asynchronous / on-demand).
- Demonstrated experience partnering with and influencing key stakeholders to understand & synthesize the needs of a global sales organization and how various enablement solutions can move the needle.
- Ability to execute and meet swift deadlines in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $138,200 - USD $169,000
Zone B: USD $128,500 - USD $157,100
Zone C: USD $121,700 - USD $148,700
Zone D: USD $110,600 - USD $135,200
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.