Senior Revenue Systems Analyst - Oracle Financials
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
**Highly prefer Pacific Time Zone due to close collaboration with Australia**
The Sr. Revenue Systems Analyst - Oracle Financials is responsible for ensuring the efficient operation of Revenue systems using Oracle FAH and other technologies. You will work closely with various teams including finance, IT, and project management to analyze revenue and accounting processes, identify areas for improvement, and develop and implement solutions using Oracle's suite of tools. The ideal candidate will have experience working with Oracle FAH and be able to effectively communicate with stakeholders to identify requirements and deliver effective solutions.
- Work with finance, IT, and project management teams to identify and analyze revenue and accounting processes that can be improved leveraging Oracle FAH and other existing technologies.
- Develop, implement and manage FAH-based solutions to improve revenue and accounting processes, including revenue recognition, posting and journal entries
- Recommend best practices in leveraging Oracle FAH, GL to meet day-to-day business needs as well as scaling and automating for volume and growth
- Continually assess the effectiveness of technology solutions and identify areas for improvement.
- Strong functional knowledge around financial systems and processes
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Contributing to the technical design and process design stages of implementations
- Act as the liaison between Oracle and the Block to stay up to date with new releases and best practices for FAH
- Ensure solutions are meeting SOX requirements
- Experience in Oracle FCCS is a plus
- Knowledge of Intercompany processes
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Information Systems.
- 5-7 years of experience in a business analyst or systems analyst role, with experience in Revenue systems.
- Strong understanding of revenue and accounting processes and procedures.
- Oracle Fusion FAH experience is a must have.
- Ability to write basic SQL queries
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $125,600 - USD $153,600
Zone B: USD $119,300 - USD $145,900
Zone C: USD $113,000 - USD $138,200
Zone D: USD $106,800 - USD $130,600
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.