Project Coordinator - Business Advisory & Technology
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for leading and ensuring the timely and accurate completion of multiple strategic and operational initiatives to guide the Business and Advisory team forward. You will perform various coordinating and administrative tasks, like maintaining project documentation and handling queries.
- Coordinate project management activities, resources, and information flows
- Break projects into doable actions and set timeframes, assigning tasks to internal teams
- Maintain project schedules, project plans, and schedule project meetings
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation and reports
- Review, organize and prepare meeting materials as necessary
- Support daily standups, weekly leadership team, monthly strategic sessions, and prep for quarterly business review meetings, document meeting minutes and track action items
- Ensure meetings are run efficiently, and focused on business objectives, with clear follow-on activity ownership and proper follow ups and status reports
- Manage appropriate legal paperwork (e.g. contracts and statements of work)
- Analyze risks and opportunities, identify and escalate issues proactively, and work with a Head of BA&T and the BA&T leadership team to eliminate blockers
- Monitor project progress and handle issues that arise and escalate when necessary
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to stakeholders
- Maintain strong communication with stakeholders, both in writing and verbally
- Streamline processes, ensuring efficiency across the organization
- Proven work experience as a Project Coordinator or similar role (3+ years)
- You’re comfortable influencing others, managing stakeholders, getting buy-in from leadership, and communicating clearly.
- You’re a natural project manager: you are organized, plan, follow-through, and communicate.
- You are passionate about helping us foster healthy communication, inspired leadership, effective management and outstanding teamwork.
- Able to prepare compelling presentations, drive schedules and create step-by-step action plans
- Strong writing skills and comfortable learning and working with program management software and Google Suite
- Previous roles in a high growth, high-tech environment
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.