Finance and Strategy Analyst - Operations
The Finance & Strategy Operations Analyst will work as a member of Block's Foundational Finance & Strategy (F&S) team. You will support members of the Finance and Strategy team, including consolidation, headcount management, reporting and data insights as well as for partners in our G&A functions. You will directly influence elements of Block's operational execution and financial forecasting. In addition to a central consolidation role on the team, you will help provide support for our engineering functions, like Cloud and Saas, working with another member of the team. This position can sit in any of Block's US offices or be remote from any of the US states with the exception of Alaska.
- Help guide the financial planning process for Block's Foundational F&S team, focusing on workforce planning and operating expenses across the Foundational business. This includes working with the Corporate Finance team on centralized reporting, and communicating guidance across the team.
- Contribute to recurring management reporting and monthly deliverables, including P&L summaries, close slides, and business performance metrics.
- Operate with a general sense of curiosity and always aim to improve functional processes, whether it is working with other members of the team or the partnerships you support
- Collaborate with the Foundational Engineering (FE) F&S team member, FE business partners and other F&S teams to streamline current processes and improve planning accuracy and improve visibility and transparency around spend across our cloud ecosystem
- Organize and consolidate team inputs around long-range and annual planning process to ensure deadlines and financial targets are met
- Develop important performance metrics and new analytical insights to track Foundational team and company-wide trends, identify efficiency opportunities, and make recommendations,
- Build strong relationships across the F&S Foundational team and our cross-functional stakeholders
- 2+ years of relevant FP&A experience (corporate FP&A experience preferred but will consider backgrounds in investment banking, private equity, and finance-related consulting)
- A Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or other relevant field
- Strong analytical skills and modeling proficiency
- A desire to work with the team to achieve common goals
- A growth mindset
- Experience or a working knowledge of Cloud and Saas products preferred
- Experience with Hyperion / Analytics tools (SQL) / Tableau / Looker preferred
- Experience with Excel (can perform complex functions); there will be a case study
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $94,400 - USD $115,400
Zone B: USD $87,800 - USD $107,400
Zone C: USD $80,300 - USD $98,100
Zone D: USD $70,800 - USD $86,600
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.