Senior Data Analyst, Credit Policy
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, offer buy now, pay later functionality through Afterpay, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
As a Senior Credit Policy Data Analyst, you will develop, execute, and monitor credit policies and procedures that minimize credit risk while ensuring a smooth customer experience. You will analyze credit data to identify trends and risks, make recommendations for credit policy changes, and collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and implement new credit products, services, and processes. You will report to the Head of Global Credit Policy and Portfolio Management for Square Banking
- Develop, execute, and monitor credit policies and procedures that mitigate credit risk while ensuring alignment with business objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor credit performance metrics to assess the effectiveness of credit policies and procedures. Identify areas for improvement and develop action plans to address them.
- Analyze market trends and customer data to identify opportunities to improve the customer experience and increase product adoption.
- Work with the Product Management team to identify and prioritize new lending product opportunities based on market research, customer feedback, and competitive analysis.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including data science teams, finance, capital market, legal and compliance, and engineers, to develop and implement new credit policy, services and procedures.
- Prepare reports and presentations for business review and Square risk councils.
- A master's degree in mathematics, economics, operations research, management science, finance, or a related quantitative field is required.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in credit analysis, credit risk management, or a related field is required. Experience developing credit policies, evaluating credit risk, and implementing credit risk mitigation strategies.
- Experience with credit analysis principles, including credit risk assessment, credit scoring models, credit policy formulation and implementation.
- Proficiency in quantitative and qualitative data analysis, ability to evaluate credit risk using various credit scoring models, and make sound credit decisions. Ability to identify patterns, trends, and anomalies in data.
- Familiar with small business lending products like Credit Card, Term Loan, and Line of Credit.
- Experience communicating (written and verbal) credit policies, procedures, and findings to stakeholders.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to assess complex credit risk situations, identify potential issues, and develop effective solutions.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams. Demonstrated ability to work independently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in data analysis and modeling tools, such as SQL, Python, Snowflake, or Databricks
If you are a results-oriented individual with a passion for credit risk management, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity to join our team.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $138,200 - USD $169,000
Zone B: USD $128,500 - USD $157,100
Zone C: USD $121,700 - USD $148,700
Zone D: USD $110,600 - USD $135,200
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.