Quality Assurance (QA) Manager
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams - People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more - provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
Square Financial Services, Inc ("SFS" or the "Bank") is Block, Inc.'s bank. We opened in March 2021 and provide lending and FDIC insured deposits services to small businesses on a nationwide basis.
The SFS Risk team is seeking a Quality Assurance Manager reporting to the Chief Risk Officer (CRO) to act as a second line of defense in managing the bank’s testing program of high risk processes. This role is responsible for leading a team of four quality assurance specialists, planning and coordinating testing activities, collaborating with key function risk and process owners, and supporting enterprise wide risk assessments. This role will also serve as a touchpoint in coordinating testing reports and schedules with similar functions at the parent company, Block, Inc.
- Manage a small team of risk analysts and lead ongoing quality control and transaction monitoring for lending and deposit products.
- Measure performance against Policy and Procedure standards
- Collaborate with key function risk and process owners to identify and resolve quality problems
- Identify gaps in controls and assess remediations proposed by business stakeholders
- Monitor and report compliance and policy adherence to the Leads and Program Manager
- Work with our Leads and Program Managers to resolve compliance issues
- Prepare and submit monthly quality control reports, which identify trends and incidents to CRO and SFS leads
- Develop, document , and implement quality assurance procedures for the bank
- Supervise and mentor the quality assurance specialists and ensure they follow the best practices and standards
- Conduct risk assessments and capacity planning for the quality assurance function
- Provide training and guidance on quality assurance topics to bank staff
- 5+ years of experience of compliance, risk management, audit or relevant field
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Strong knowledge of testing methodologies, commercial banking products, and applicable laws and regulations (i.e. ECOA, UDAP, CAN-SPAM, TCPA, SCRA, etc.)
- Must be a team-oriented individual with willingness to assist in training and development of new team members
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration
- Certifications related to risk management or audit such as CRMA or CIA
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $138,200 - USD $169,000
Zone B: USD $128,500 - USD $157,100
Zone C: USD $121,700 - USD $148,700
Zone D: USD $110,600 - USD $135,200
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.