Product Designer - Investing
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers.
Financial Services is a category within the organization that exists to bring financial freedom to all our customers, many of whom are excluded by traditional institutions. Our teams help customers from the moment they get paid to the moment they file their taxes, while helping them manage, save, spend, invest, provide, borrow, and learn about money along the way.
We are looking for a seasoned Product Designer for the product vertical, Investing. The Investing team seeks to build the best new investor product on the market. We want to create the most trustworthy, simple to use, and visually innovative tool to start and build habitual wealth towards investing. The Cash app investing product alone is already serving millions of customers and seeks to provide a trustworthy, innovative, and accessible experience for the underbanked or 13+ teens that want to start their own wealth building early.
As the Product Designer for Investing, you’ll also be responsible for providing thoughtful, trust-building solutions to improving customer's understanding and comprehension of building wealth via stocks. Driving and owning key projects including 0-1 features that innovate against the "norm" of investing products today as well as tactical, impactful improvements to the current product. Responsibilities include: Being highly autonomous and communicative, understanding how and when to use design instinct vs data vs research, and being able to provide a vision of a project and work backwards to help your x-functional partners to get there in incremental, meaningful steps.
- Exceptional decision making ability on both strategic and creative efforts.
- Multiple examples of shipping successful high quality, end-to-end experiences or products.
- Customer-centric approach to product building.
- Autonomous and unafraid of ambiguity. Collaborate with x-functional partners with an approach that is built on communication, collaboration, empathy, and humility.
- Proven success providing solutions that are innovative from competitors
- Extensive industry experience with a proven track record of delivering customer value and data-backed impact.
- High level of comfort working in complex/regulated problem spaces with ability to translate them into opportunities and vision.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Bias towards action with a high degree of self-sufficiency and ability to influence up and across disciplines.
- Excellent communication, storytelling, and presentation skills.
- Mission-driven and growth-oriented mindset.
- Keen interest in modern financial tools and services for customers and businesses.
- Bonus: Motion experience
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $202,500 - USD $247,500
Zone B: USD $192,400 - USD $235,200
Zone C: USD $182,300 - USD $222,800
Zone D: USD $172,200 - USD $210,400
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.