Software Engineer- Backend
As an experienced Software Engineer, you will join our Content team in Oslo.
The Content team is responsible for processing metadata delivered from Music Labels and other metadata providers. In addition, the team develops and maintains ingestion pipelines that transform the raw deliveries into TIDAL’s internal music metadata catalog. Our catalog is the core data source in TIDAL, and we serve it via microservices to TIDAL’s streaming applications.
We are early adopters of new technologies and set aside time for POC projects that often lead to impactful platform changes.
As a part of the TIDAL Content Team, you will report to the team lead
- Plan, design, build and maintain solutions to improve our sourcing platform
- Experiment with new solutions and always look for innovative ways to improve our product.
- Build solutions to support artist growth and financial empowerment
- Belong to a diverse, energetic group of highly motivated developers who support each other and work together to solve problems in an agile manner.
- Play a key role in planning/scoping of roadmaps and projects, from start to finish
- Use your experience in software development and technical skills to advise teammates on best practices, technology, and architecture decisions.
You have 3-5+ years experience with:
- Java and Spring Boot
- Cloud-native integrations (preferably AWS)
- RESTful APIs and API-driven development
- Event-driven architecture
- Serverless and microservices
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.