Product Partnerships Manager, Appointments & Retail Partnerships
So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, offer buy now, pay later functionality through Afterpay, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
As a Product Partnerships Manager at Square, you will be responsible for developing, deploying, and managing partnerships that enrich our products and strengthen our go-to-market motions to ensure our sellers are successful with Square. This includes working closely with cross-functional teams, like our Product, Marketing, and Sales teams, to develop and drive a high-impact product partnerships strategy.
This is a critical role on the Partnerships team. We are looking for an experienced partnerships operator with a track record of leading complex product partnerships end-to-end, strong business and product acumen, the ability to work effectively cross-functionally internally and externally, strong communication and interpersonal skills, and a desire to drive significant growth of our business. This position reports to Square's Partnerships Lead for Retail & Appointments and will be accountable to the Square for Retail and Square Appointments teams.
- Collaborate with Product and GTM teams to develop and lead partner strategy for flagship Square products (e.g., Square for Retail)
- Own and execute product partnerships end-to-end, from business development to partner launch and management
- Operate autonomously, being both a proactive executor and strategic thinker
- Lead cross-functional initiatives with internal and external teams
- Advocate for your partners while balancing Square’s goals
- 5+ years of professional experience in the technology sector, including 3+ years in technology partnerships and business development
- Proven ability to negotiate, sign, launch, and manage partnerships from tactical, mid-size opportunities to complex, strategic partners
- Demonstrated product sense and experience growing and distributing new products
- Highly entrepreneurial, proactive, and comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly-matrixed environment with the ability to thrive under minimal guidance
- Experience working cross-functionally with various teams, managing initiatives at scale, and delivering results
- Experience building and managing relationships with senior business leaders, both internally and externally
- Able to think and communicate creatively, thoughtfully, and with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $152,100 - USD $185,900
Zone B: USD $141,500 - USD $172,900
Zone C: USD $133,800 - USD $163,600
Zone D: USD $121,700 - USD $148,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.