Strategic Account Manager
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
The Account Management organization is looking for a tenured account manager, consultant, or sales professional with experience managing high-value technical accounts to help retain and grow Square's presence in the enterprise space.
You will work with top c-level executives and technical leaders, finding creative ways to make Square's ecosystem work in complex, global organizations. You will identify ways to expand Square's reach with customers and act as an internal advocate for Square's highest-value clients.
The ideal candidate will have worked in enterprise account management, business development, consulting, partnerships, sales or sales engineering and will be well-versed in working with and presenting to senior decision makers, including C-level executives, IT, finance and operations. They will have experience managing projects with multiple company partners on behalf of customers. Internally at Square, you will work in collaboration with product, engineering, finance, implementation, marketing, legal and sales to ensure successful establishment and growth of our customers.
- Build partnerships and establish lasting, fruitful relationships with existing customers to retain and grow our presence within enterprise grade organizations
- Take full ownership of your managed book and oversee business prioritization, financial contract structuring, legal negotiations, technology strategy and ongoing account management
- Discover challenges and aspiration with customers within your book and use Square's platform and product portfolio to grow their success through up-sell and cross-sell opportunities
- Partner with enterprise sales colleagues to establish and grow newly on-boarded, high-value customers
- Be the "voice of the seller" curating analysis of product performance from your managed book and provide relevant feedback to inform for product roadmap decision-making
- Identify patterns of success resulting from repeatable solutions in which you will partner with Sales peers to improve market development
- Seek for opportunities to remove roadblocks and establish new processes for this start-up within Square
- 5+ years experience in account management, business development, consulting, partnerships, sales or sales engineering focused on technical products
- Experience achieving revenue metric goals
- In-depth experience collaborating internally with partners on complex deals or partnerships
- Experience requirements gathering with customers, building business cases for feature development with products teams, while balancing expectations for both parties
- Formal training in a consultative sales methodology (Sandler, Spin, or similar), a computer science degree, or experience as a solutions engineer
- Experience supporting go-to-market efforts for new products
- A passion for technology
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $164,400 - USD $200,900
Zone B: USD $152,800 - USD $186,800
Zone C: USD $144,700 - USD $176,800
Zone D: USD $139,700 - USD $170,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.