Staff Software Engineer - Developer Experience, CI/CD
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
Cash App is a mobile-first bank that ranks in the top 10 free apps in the app store with a rapidly growing user base and feature set. Our mission is to provide banking services to all, in particular those that are underserved.
Cash App is built as a service mesh, communicating via synchronous APIs as well as asynchronous events, built on AWS and Kubernetes. The Developer Experience team is responsible for the day to day tools used by our 800+ engineers for building, testing and deploying their services. Our mission is to empower our product engineers to develop and iterate as quickly as possible, by providing them with the best tooling in the industry.
As a member of Cash Platform’s Developer Experience Deploy team, you’ll collaborate with our stakeholders - including product engineers to:
- Design, build, and own tools and frameworks that provide critical support for building, testing and deploying microservices at scale across the whole organization with ease and confidence
- Being an advocate of the CI/CD practices. Demonstrate and provide appropriate education for our stakeholders to ensure tools are used in the most effective and efficient ways
- Dig into the many parts of a large platform using a wide variety of analytical tooling, and if necessary, to add some new ones
- Use a data-driven approach to make the call on any new tooling that might need to be added, whether it’s off-the-shelf or built in-house
- Partner closely with product managers, product engineers, and business leads to define our roadmap
- 6+ years of industry experience
- Natural curiosity to learn new technologies, solve interesting problems and build quality software
- Strong desire to perform and grow as an engineer, and mentor other engineers
- Demonstrated technical initiative and leadership
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
Technologies we use and teach:
- Go, Kotlin, Terraform, Bash
- Buildkite, CI/CD
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Gradle
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $202,500 - USD $247,500
Zone B: USD $192,400 - USD $235,200
Zone C: USD $182,300 - USD $222,800
Zone D: USD $172,200 - USD $210,400
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.