Account Executive (SMB)
Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, offer buy now, pay later functionality through Afterpay, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
As one of Afterpay's SMB Account Executives, you will help drive Afterpay’s continual growth by building relationships with prospective SMB Premium merchants via both outbound business development and inbound leads. While there is a lot of room to learn and develop, we’re looking for a confident outbound salesperson who knows their numbers, understands the full sales process and is comfortable getting on the phone!
Lastly, and most importantly, we want you to be passionate about Afterpay and what we stand for, for both our merchants and customers.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin…
● Outbound prospecting via cold calling to generate new opportunities
● Growing 90 day revenue with new Premium merchants through onboarding quality and merchant growth opportunities
● Manage inbound leads with the focus of driving high conversion rates
● Sell and onboard SMBs and supporting OMNI channel expansion
● Follow sales and onboarding processes accurately to maximise yearly sales volumes
● Identify relevant new business opportunities, while highlighting Afterpay’s value proposition
● Develop an in-depth understanding of Afterpay, retail industry trends, and our competition
● Manage, tracking, and reporting on all sales activities and results using Salesforce
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
● You will be comfortable with high volume cold-calling and business development
● You have experience using tools such as Salesforce or Aircall
● Your head will be abuzz with things we should be doing - managing your sales pipeline, interpreting data to support merchant conversations and meeting sales metrics and targets
● You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.