Behavioral Insights Fraud Analyst
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers.
Cash App is seeking a Behavioral Insights Fraud Analyst to join our dynamic Behavioral Insights Team. A Behavioral Insights Fraud Analyst leverages natural analytical and problem-solving skills to analyze large structured and unstructured data sets to identify trends, anomalies, and inauthentic behaviors across Cash App accounts and products. This position relies on decisions made independently, with high precision and attention to detail.
This position will often collaborate with teammates, as well as work with many organizations within the business, such as Data Science, Machine Learning Modeling, Engineering, Product, Business Operations, Risk Operations, Compliance, and more. You will help drive innovation and influence Cash App’s fraud roadmap, programs, and processes.
The ideal candidate possesses exceptional analytical and communication skills. They must also enjoy ambiguous problem-solving and have strong self-motivation skills. This role requires a bias toward taking action in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Become an expert on customer behaviors and authentic and inauthentic activity within Cash App’s ecosystem
- Master a domain of risk-adjacent behaviors including chargebacks, account takeovers, banking, and identity, and how each domain affects Cash App
- Learn to investigate and analyze complex data sets to resolve business challenges, identify opportunities for improvement, and provide insights and solutions
- Leverage industry experience and expertise to analyze existing risks within product offerings that require a high level of attention to detail
- Partner with internal business teams to identify and confirm emerging fraud trends and potential customer impact due to risk controls, both ahead of product launches and in an ongoing capacity
- Respond promptly to internal business partners and exercise exceptional communication skills to optimize each contact
- Must be able to take initiative, plan, organize and prioritize projects with overlapping deadlines competently; work independently and help others; must be highly motivated and detail-oriented
- Foster a culture of professionalism, accountability, collaboration, speed, innovation, excellence, and a fun work environment while continuously elevating the quality and caliber of our risk controls
- As an individual contributor, this role makes recommendations to improve existing fraud detection practices and minimize fraud related revenue losses to the company
- With limited direction from a manager, work independently to monitor & research customer payment records, utilizing various tools and work queues to investigate and validate transactions
- Make recommendations to streamline or enhance existing policies/procedures, stay ahead of continuously evolving fraud practices, and further protect guest data
- Adept at navigating through various scenarios and being solution-oriented during conflict resolution
- Ability to thrive in a team environment, working closely with peers to analyze fraud trends, explore innovative ways to reduce risk, and make recommendations on rules adjustment with fraud tools
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years experience in risk and/or fraud detection in financial services or technology
- Exceptional writing, communication, and editing skills
- Technical or procedural writing experience is a plus
- Experience working with teams across countries and time zones
- Ability to synthesize information and make clear, concise recommendations
- Capable of working both independently and in collaborative group settings
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated working knowledge of rule-based fraud programs/platforms
- Knowledge of fraud prevention and detection best practices
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- Certified Fraud Examiner, ACAMS, or similar accreditation
- SQL experience
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on the candidate's work location and may be may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $109,600
Zone B: USD $101,900
Zone C: USD $93,200
Zone D: USD $82,300
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.