Performance Marketing Manager, Offline & Affiliate
- Alternate Location: Scottsdale, United States
So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, offer buy now, pay later functionality through Afterpay, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
Square is looking for an extraordinary performance marketer to help drive new user growth through Offline and Affiliate Marketing channels. As a member of the performance marketing team, you’ll be owning strategy, execution, and vendor relationships for both channels, working with cross functional internal teams to support Square core payments business, and SaaS products. You will be reporting on performance results and providing actionable next steps on your channels to internal stakeholders on a regular basis.
Across both Offline and Affiliate Channels, you will:
- Contribute to marketing strategy and execution of each channel with the end goal of driving new high value customers for all Square product lines
- Manage $$MM budgets and annual revenue forecasts for each channel
- Continuously optimize and developing A/B tests within each channel to improve creative and targeting efficiency
- Create and deliver performance reports on paid marketing channels, providing actionable insights for senior management and stakeholders, and collaborate on monthly and quarterly marketing progress reviews
- Collaborate with multiple internal teams (creative, analytics, and data science) to continuously improve upon channel performance KPIs
Specific to Affiliate, you will:
- Work with our affiliates agency to scale our program and drive growth in affiliate traffic and business revenue
- Represent Square in partner meetings and build productive relationships with publishers
- Leverage our affiliate platform for reporting, contracting, and asset management
- Evaluate commission structure to ensure affiliate partners are incentivized based on key business goals
Specific to Offline Channels, you will:
- Manage relationships with external vendors in addition to scoping new vendors to improve channel efficiencies
- Test and monitor campaign performance and adjust strategy based on performance
- Work closely with the Data Science team to optimize our models for target audience selection
- BA/BS with 4+ years of relevant marketing experience
- 2+ years of experience in direct mail and affiliate marketing, directly managing campaigns and analyzing results
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate channel performance, deep dive into the root cause of performance fluctuations, and come up with an actionable plan
- Experience effectively managing agency relationships
- Experience summarizing results into actionable recommendations for senior executives
- Prior financial services industry or B2B experience is a plus
- Prior experience and knowledge of SQL and Looker is a plus
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $125,600 - USD $153,600
Zone B: USD $116,800 - USD $142,800
Zone C: USD $110,500 - USD $135,100
Zone D: USD $100,500 - USD $122,900
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.