Lending Operations Lead, Cash App
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
We are looking for an experienced Lending Operations Lead to create, drive and manage operational processes in support of our Lending vertical. You will report to the Lending Operations Manager and play an important hands-on leadership role in establishing work streams from the ground up, as well as manage teams and vendors for this growing part of our business. You need to be flexible and have the capabilities and desire to build from the ground up and improve on existing workstreams, as we are growing and changing rapidly to build lending products for our users.
What you’ll be accountable for:
- Manage some licensed lending activities performed by the subsidiary and employees.
- Develop, implement and manage recovery strategies in consumer lending
- Build and manage a variety of operational processes from scratch to support consumer lending
- Ensure the effectiveness of existing processes, and implement new policies to allow greater efficiency in the performance of the groups functions.
- Drive program development of QA and Training processes for Lending Operations, and create processes to support rapid product changes
- Partner and drive internal resources to ensure internal recovery strategy is implemented
- Support regulatory examinations and state lending and collection licensing matters when applicable
- Measure performance against industry standards and improve processes and personnel
Leadership and Development:
- Be a thought leader with Product and Underwriting to feed recovery learnings back through the team to continuously improve profitability and reduce customer churn
- Coach and mentor team members with a focus on professional development and upstream thinking
- Utilize strong de-escalation skills to assist customers in need
- Identify areas for process improvement and work toward implementation
- Engage and use your team to influence and recommend changes to evolving recovery processes
- Partner with Compliance and Product Counsel to ensure all processes are developed in accordance with state and federal laws and guidelines
- Five + years of management experience in consumer loan operations with a Financial Institution or Fintech, including oversight and management of customer support, servicing and collections activities.
- Direct leadership experience; preferably in customer facing role
- Strong project management skills from idea creation to implementation
- Experience managing customer support, servicing, recoveries, quality, disputes, complaints for installment loans or credit cards
- Knowledge of compliance and risk management for consumer lending environments
- Strong passion for customer experience and servicing
- Experience in setting up and managing large-scale vendors for customer support and recovery operations
- Strong communication skills, self-motivation and data/outcome oriented approach
- Demonstrated customer service, organizational and analytical skills
- Experience in regulated industries, such as related to state lending and/or collections licensing.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $94,400 - USD $115,400
Zone B: USD $87,800 - USD $107,400
Zone C: USD $80,300 - USD $98,100
Zone D: USD $70,800 - USD $86,600
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.