Designer, Customer Marketing
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
The Cash App Brand Creative team works at the intersection of marketing, design, and culture to concept and execute brand & product marketing campaigns with the highest level of craft. You’ll be part of the Customer Marketing team, a small sub-team tasked to launch creative product marketing experiences that guide our mission, and drive our business and brand forward. Our team consists of incredibly talented creatives (designers, illustrators, art directors, 3D/Motion designers, and copywriters) who collaborate with Marketing Leads, Channel Managers, and Writers.
As a Designer, you have an appetite for new content and culture, ambition to make things no one has ever made before, and a contagious passion for the work that confronts challenges with optimism. On the Customer Marketing team, you will work cross-functionally and bring to life amazing campaign ideas and brand extensions. You will drive creative development, look at marketing through a non-traditional lens, and translate strategy into innovative advertising experiences across a wide range of channels (Web, Social, Product).
This role reports to our Creative Director.
- Translate brand strategy and insight into powerful and purposeful creative & design solutions
- Work with partners across Cash App to guarantee an integrated product campaign experience
- Develop innovative ideas and execute campaign projects across every medium in collaboration with our product marketing partners
- Design projects from ideation through implementation, in partnership with our Customer Marketing team and other cross functional teams
- Work closely with illustrators, 3D designers, and writers to develop rich, multidisciplinary creatives
- Produce, enhance, and voice creative presentations for internal and external stakeholders
- At least 6 years of relevant experience
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates an ability to execute multiple styles of design across various channels (Web, Social, Product).
- Experience pushing a brand forward with fresh, inventive ideas
- Experience working cross-functionally to launch creative deliverables
- Understanding of performance-based marketing strategies
- Familiarity with both new and traditional brand channels and media
- Experience with prototyping, motion or 3D tools is a plus
For consideration, please submit a portfolio of work with your application and provide the password, if necessary to view your work.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $152,100 - USD $185,900
Zone B: USD $144,500 - USD $176,700
Zone C: USD $136,900 - USD $167,300
Zone D: USD $129,300 - USD $158,100
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.