Finance & Strategy Manager, Square Online/ Square Terminal
- Alternate Location: San Francisco, United States
Finance & Strategy is responsible for driving strategic, financial, and operational decision-making across Square. Our team's core value is trust – we build it by making what is complex simple, and we do it by applying frameworks, analysis, creative problem solving, and exceptional communication and partnership to facilitate insight and action. Our partners across the business trust us to collaborate on the most difficult problems and ambiguous situations. We believe good ideas can come from anywhere, and we'll rely on you to collaborate, form intelligent opinions, and present your thoughts to decision-makers and company executives.
We’re hiring multiple Product F&S Managers to partner closely on Square’s payments Terminal product as well as Square’s Online Store and eCommerce product portfolio.
- Forecast product performance, setting goals and leading business performance discussions, leveraging KPIs to produce actionable insight and driving strategic and operational decision making in pursuit of growth, profitability and service to our customers
- Develop analyses and applying principles and frameworks to collaboratively make pricing and packaging decisions on behalf of the Square ecosystem, in partnership with product teams
- Dynamic financial modeling tailored to a variety of business situations to drive confidence in decision making and unblock execution of product strategy and operations
- Partnership across all functions of Square (GTM, Products, Platforms, Risk, etc.) as an owner of product line P&Ls, collaborating with General Managers and Product Leads on financial and operating performance and improvement in operations
Minimum of 6 years of experience in a combination of relevant fields: strategic finance, business operations, corporate finance, pricing, strategy and operations, corporate strategy, investment banking, management consulting, private equity, venture capital, etc.
- High degree of comfort preparing professional, robust, bespoke financial analyses tailored to complex and ambiguous business situations
- Close business partnership and exceptional executive communication skills
- Consistent track record of success and career progression
- Nice-to-have experience: Payments / eCommerce industry; SQL and data visualization tools
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $152,100 - USD $185,900
Zone B: USD $141,500 - USD $172,900
Zone C: USD $133,800 - USD $163,600
Zone D: USD $121,700 - USD $148,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.