Staff Software Engineer - Money Management
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers.
Join Cash App's Money Management team and play a pivotal role in revolutionizing the world's relationship with money. We’re on a mission to transform the Cash App into the ultimate place for managing, saving, and growing money – creating the bank we always wished we had and empowering all our customers with the financial tools and knowledge to build generational wealth!
As a server engineer on the Money Management team, you'll be instrumental in creating innovative financial products that make a tangible difference in the lives of underbanked customers. Help us break down barriers to financial inclusion by providing seamless access to savings accounts, building financial transparency, and driving financial stability for those who need it most. You’ll collaborate with a talented team of professionals from Product, Design, Data Science, and more, as you shape our strategy and define our development processes in a dynamic and mission-driven environment.
- Partner closely with product managers, designers, engineers, and business leads to scope, design, and build new products & features
- Work on impactful, multi-team projects that cross Engineering team boundaries
- Lead important technical, design, and product discussions with leaders across the company
- Hold your teammates—and yourself—to high engineering standards
Things you’d be interested in learning more about:
- How we can build financial technologies that serve people from all walks of life
- Navigating regulations in moving money from one place to another to enable secure and seamless money transfers
- Building magic, fun, and educational financial experiences
- 8+ years of software development or equivalent experience
- Experience leading and executing delivery projects on time while maintaining a high-quality bar
- A vested interest in advancing Cash App's vision of building for economic empowerment
- Interest in understanding and debugging complex systems with many moving parts across multiple teams and cross-functional partners
- Growth mindset and a healthy comfort with ambiguity
- Empathy for the users of the products you create
- A passion for learning and sharing knowledge alongside teammates, with self-motivation and keen attention to detail
Technologies we use and teach:
- Kotlin, Java
- Event-driven microservice architecture
- HTTP, JSON, gRPC, Protocol Buffers
- OkHttp, JUnit, Guice
- Hibernate, AWS Aurora, DynamoDB
- AWS Cloud Services
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $202,500 - USD $247,500
Zone B: USD $192,400 - USD $235,200
Zone C: USD $182,300 - USD $222,800
Zone D: USD $172,200 - USD $210,400
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.