Treasury Analyst - Forecast and Data
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
The Treasury team is looking for an Analyst to support the corporate capital markets and investments team. Our team manages Block’s capital structure and liquidity, deciding on all debt and cash investment strategies. You will play a key role in improving visibility into Block’s liquidity position by developing and maintaining a bottoms-up forecast to ensure adequate capacity for growth in each market. In addition, you will support our debt management function by maintaining relationships with lenders and leading our compliance and conversion processes. Lastly, you will support our in-house fixed income investment platform and social impact investments from an operations, research and analysis perspective. This role will report to the Capital Markets and Investment Lead.
- Build a bottoms-up cash flow forecast: establish relationships with key stakeholders (Business Units, Finance & Strategy, Accounting, Tax) to understand requirements and gather data; design and test forecast accuracy; and leverage Block’s automated tools where possible.
- Run our debt management process across convertible notes, revolving credit facility, warehouses, and senior notes to ensure compliance with all covenants and reporting requirements.
- Maintain our credit metrics dashboard and coordinate with Finance and Strategy and IR its accuracy.
- Support back- and middle-office activities related to Block’s in-house fixed income investment portfolio including trade matching, settlement, allocation, and reconciliation.
- Support front-office investment functions including market research, credit analysis, relative value analysis and trade execution.
- Support operations and due diligence efforts related to Block’s social impact and racial equity investment fund.
- Work cross-functionally with accounting, tax, internal audit and other stakeholders in support of the Capital Markets & Investments team’s day-to-day responsibilities and ad hoc projects.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in Corporate Treasury or Banking with experience in cash forecasting.
- Understanding of corporate investments, risk and portfolio management
- Financial modeling experience, math and quantitative analysis skills
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $114,200 - USD $139,600
Zone B: USD $106,200 - USD $129,800
Zone C: USD $97,100 - USD $118,700
Zone D: USD $85,700 - USD $104,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.