Senior Data Scientist, Afterpay Product
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be responsible for partnering with Product Managers to own data for the entire product. You will be developing ongoing analyses and reports to support our expanding Merchant (Seller) product suite. You will analyze integration, retention, adoption, product funnel plus other pertinent aspects of product launch/operation/GTM etc.
You will also analyze business performance, deliver data-driven business insights for decision making, and provide insights on product features and services (for both new concepts and existing products), design A/ B testing and communicate findings.
- Work closely with the leadership team, Product and Engineering & other stakeholders to understand their data science needs
- Develop a formalized process to identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets, empower informed decision making for stakeholders
- Design and conduct analyses, build datamarts, and ship dashboards to provide insights at scale in support of growth strategies
- Partner with Product and other stakeholders teams in developing methodologies to accurately assess and measure impact of our business strategy
- Design and execute A/B and multivariate tests
- Isolate, identify and communicate data issues and own data quality for the analyses and reports produced
- Monitor and analyze data reports/dashboards/pipelines and perform RCA/ troubleshooting of issues that arise
Technologies we use:
- SQL, Python
- Amplitude, Sumo Logic
- Looker, Tableau
- 5+ years of industry experience (excluding internships and/or graduate work)
- Quantitative background in statistics, mathematics, computer science, or related disciplines
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills, combined with effective judgment and communication skills
- An ability to uphold a high technical bar while making pragmatic tradeoffs
- Strong organizational/time/project management skills and able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously and to tight deadlines
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.