Account Manager, Japan
So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, offer buy now, pay later functionality through Afterpay, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
Square's global Account Management team works with existing high value Square sellers to further grow their businesses using Square's powerful ecosystem of products. Our Account Managers partner with Sales, Product and Marketing teams to understand our existing sellers, meet their needs and grow their businesses with Square solutions. We are looking for an Account Manager to join our Japan team, supporting our sellers throughout the country. You will be based out of the Tokyo office but will have the option to work from home.
Reporting to the Head of Japan Account Management, you will be an experienced account manager, upselling and cross-selling to a varied size and complexity of existing customers, able to understand the unique challenges and opportunities for new markets. You will partner with local and global Square operational teams to help shape processes, systems, and metrics to ensure long term success of our seller base, specifically in Japan.
- Work with high growth businesses early in their life cycle
- Grow and retain our Micro and SMB seller base
- Understand customer needs and Japanese market trends, to ensure Square and Account Management deliver remarkable solutions to our sellers
- Use Square's value propositions to negotiate custom pricing
- Cross sell and upsell products and features through deep discovery, education and product onboarding support
- Work with the Global Account Management working group by sharing seller insights, recommendations, operational needs and growth opportunities in Ireland
- Work with Square go to market teams (Sales, Product, Marketing, Customer Success) to help uncover and surface product insights, and help us win in Ireland
- Achieve (exceed) targets - revenue outputs, inputs, customer satisfaction, and operational goals
- Bilingual ability: fluency in Japanese and business level English
- 2+ years of Sales, Account Management or Customer Success experience, with a track record of success in SaaS sales, customer retention and relationship management
- Experience discovering and closing sales opportunities, proactively managing a pipeline, and building client relationships to achieve revenue targets
- Comfort in operating with ambiguity in an emerging market
- Ability to communicate to multiple senior stakeholders (internal or external) while being mindful of relevance and adapting communication style to the audience
- Ability to distill complex topics into plain language, making them digestible to a broader audience
- Effectiveness in balancing high volume work with cross functional projects
- Self starter approach
- Passion for small business success in Japan
- Experience using Salesforce or other CRM tool
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.