Account Manager, English/French Bilingual
So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, offer buy now, pay later functionality through Afterpay, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
The Global Account Management team works with existing high value Square sellers to grow their businesses using Square's powerful ecosystem of products. Our Account Managers partner with Sales, Product and Marketing teams to understand our existing sellers, meet their needs and grow their businesses with Square solutions.
We are looking for the next member of the global account management team managing some of Square's most valuable seller relationships in France. Reporting to the Head of Account Management Europe, you will be an experienced Account Manager, upselling and cross-selling to a varied size and complexity of existing customers, able to understand the unique challenges and opportunities for new markets. You will partner with local and global Square operational teams to help shape processes, systems, and metrics to ensure long term success of our seller base, specifically in France.
This is a remote position working from home within France, Paris ideally. We do not offer visa assistance and request that applications/CVs be submitted in English.
- Grow and retain a multi-million dollar portfolio of French based sellers
- Understand customer needs, and local market trends, to ensure Account Management and Square is delivering remarkable solutions to our sellers
- Cross sell and upsell products and features through discovery, education and product onboarding support. Leverage Square's value propositions to negotiate custom pricing with micro, SMB and strategic size sellers
- Effectively and strategically address customer concerns and issues to rebuild and strengthen client relationships.
- Work proactively with our international Sales, Support and Product teams to help uncover and surface product insights
- Collaborate with the account management global working group by sharing seller insights, recommendations, operational needs and growth opportunities
- 2+ years experience in Sales, Account Management or related field
- Business fluency in French and fluency in English
- Experience discovering and closing sales opportunities and building client relationships
- Experience successfully managing a pipeline to achieve revenue targets
- Strong track record of meeting and exceeding revenue goals
- Strong interest in business operations and strategy
- Resilience in the face of adversity and are comfortable with ambiguity
- Experience advocating for your own needs and communicating proactively
- A passion and knowledge about how new technologies can help better serve small and medium size businesses
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM tools
- Based in Paris
This is a Controlled Function (CF3 & CF4) role under the Central Bank of Ireland’s Fitness & Probity Standards ('CBI Standards'). If you are offered this role and accept the offer, prior to the appointment, you will be required to agree to abide by the CBI Standards and complete a Fitness & Probity Self-Certification form. Due diligence checks will also be performed in line with the CBI Standards.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.