Product Compliance Manager [Seller], Square
Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, offer buy now, pay later functionality through Afterpay, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
The Product Compliance team creates compliance strategies that allow the launch and growth of Square products globally. These products are finding creative solutions to hard problems. Square is looking for a Product Compliance Manager to provide expertise in industry best practices and regulatory requirements for the EU market. You will report to a Global Product Lead and ensure that we assess compliance needs, design, and implement applicable policies, and construct internal infrastructure to build success for Square.
This is a 100% remote role available to candidates who are currently working/living in the US.
- Advise cross-functional product and platform teams and create compliance programs to facilitate the growth of Squares payment platform across existing and new markets
- Build a tactical roadmap by negotiating with product, engineering and operations teams and set objectives that align with product launches
- Project manage launches within the new product compliance governance framework, including documenting requirements and tracking them through implementation
- Communicate applicable risks, costs, progress, and results to all relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Evaluate partnership requirements and advocate for Squares best interests
- Remain up-to-date on regulatory changes and landscape, best practices and cutting-edge developments in the industry
- Design creative controls to mitigate compliance risk by combining your regulatory and industry best practice expertise with an innovative approach
- Knowledge in payment regulations and scheme rules, knowledge of areas of Cards, commercial lending, and peer-to-peer payments also ideal
- 6+ years in the compliance industry, with experience in the EU and UK
- Significant experience managing product launch projects
- Experience conducting product-level risk assessments (AML, ACH, general compliance)
- A metrics-driven approach to create substantiated solutions
- Ability to identify the important problems to solve
- Operational knowledge in building a sound Compliance program
- Additional experience supporting compliance initiatives in APAC markets
- Relevant industry certifications (CAMS, CFE, CFCS, CRCM)
- Experience working with NACHA rules (ACH transactions)
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $125,600 - USD $153,600
Zone B: USD $116,800 - USD $142,800
Zone C: USD $110,500 - USD $135,100
Zone D: USD $100,500 - USD $122,900
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.