Compliance Testing & Monitoring Program Manager
You will support Block's compliance mission by working side-by-side with compliance, counsel, and business personnel to foster a culture of risk management. You will report to the Global Compliance Testing and Monitoring Lead and conduct testing and monitoring of the operating and control environment and compliance program. The scope of your work will include but will not be limited to testing compliance with BSA/AML/OFAC, CAN-SPAM, ECOA, EFTA, E-SIGN, FCRA, GLBA, TILA, and UDAAP requirements.
This role is 100% remote for a candidate who currently lives/resides in the US.
- Plan, scope, document, and conduct compliance testing and monitoring reviews across all business units.
- Test the adequacy and effectiveness of the operating and control environment, including policies, procedures, and systems.
- Complete process run through with business units and record all your fieldwork and documentation reviewed.
- Communicate your findings to key stakeholders and gain agreement for management actions plans.
- Complete report writing to formalize your findings.
To be successful you will:
- Develop an understanding of Block's business operations and compliance framework.
- Establish collaborative business relationships.
- Calibrate with legal for the application of the laws to our business.
- Maintain knowledge of latest compliance risks and regulations.
- Work across the team to assist others with reviews.
- 5 years of experience required in regulatory compliance testing or internal audit.
- 4-year undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s Degree)
- FinTech or payment services experience.
- Experience building relationships and establishing trust and credibility with business leads.
- Experience managing diverse assignments across business.
- Experience using Google Applications (e.g. Sheets, Docs, Slides)
- Relevant industry certifications (CAMS, CRCM, CIA)
- Cryptocurrency experience
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $152,100 - USD $185,900
Zone B: USD $141,500 - USD $172,900
Zone C: USD $133,800 - USD $163,600
Zone D: USD $121,700 - USD $148,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.