SAR Team Lead, Cash App
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers.
As a SAR Team Lead you will oversee a team of analysts responsible for investigating financial crime risk on the Cash App platform. In your role, you will manage the case work of a team of 6-8 analysts, conduct quality control reviews, track trends and key risks, and manage team performance in support of the SAR Investigations Lead. You will work closely with other team members in the Financial Crimes organization to manage risk, develop procedures, and improve workflow design to support the team’s overall effectiveness. You will help create and manage a highly effective program that demonstrates compliance with all applicable laws and regulations in a dynamic and evolving financial services space.
This is a 100% remote role available to candidates who are currently working/living in the US.
- Oversee a team of analysts with varying levels of experience who are responsible for conducting reviews stemming from transaction monitoring alerts and other sources involving a range of scenarios and financial crime risks types.
- Provide guidance, training and act as an escalation point for your team as they perform reviews and make decisions on the disposition of cases
- Support the SAR Lead to develop and maintain policies and procedures applicable to the team, including iterating on existing workflows to streamline, improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Work with other Compliance Team members to develop technical specifications for tool enhancements or new tool build out
- Manage SLAs and deadlines as well as team member performance
- 3-5 years experience in BSA/AML/Compliance or Fraud/Risk related work, preferably in a financial institution or related FinTech payments space
- 1-3 years of leadership experience supporting an organization responsible for conducting financial crime investigations.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent professional experience
- Knowledge in AML transaction monitoring and financial crime typologies and risks in regards to funds transfers, peer to peer (p2p) payments, equities, and cryptocurrency
- Familiarity with relevant AML laws and regulations as well as industry best practices
- Excellent written communication skills that demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy
- An ability to handle sensitive directives and work with team members and stakeholders of all levels
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adjust quickly
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $125,600 - USD $153,600
Zone B: USD $116,800 - USD $142,800
Zone C: USD $110,500 - USD $135,100
Zone D: USD $100,500 - USD $122,900
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.