Senior Manager, Growth Marketing (ANZ)
Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has over 11 million active customers globally and more than 64,000 of the world’s best retailers around the world including Anthropologie, Revolve, DSW, GOAT, Finish Line, Levi’s, Mac Cosmetics, Ray-Ban and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As the Senior Manager of Growth Marketing, you will play a critical role in driving new consumer growth for Afterpay in ANZ. You will need to apply strategic thinking and a data-driven approach to analyze and interpret complex data sets.
Much of your success will depend on working collaboratively with various other teams. Therefore, you will need to be an expert in building strong relationships with key internal stakeholders and possess excellent communication and influencing skills.
To succeed in this role, you should have a strong background in customer acquisition, digital marketing, and ecommerce optimization, as well as experience leading and managing teams. You should be comfortable with a high degree of autonomy and be able to prioritize and execute multiple initiatives simultaneously.
You are directly responsible for driving more quality prospects to download the app and join Afterpay.
You will do this by developing and executing a strategy focused on:
- Paid/performance channels such as affiliates and social media
- Optimizing afterpay.com website content
- App store content optimization
- Friend-to-friend program
- Promotional programs with key merchant partners
You will influence other teams to optimize the conversion funnel so we make the most of every prospect.
You will partner with multiple teams across Afterpay/Block, both in ANZ and in global teams. This will include helping to ensure:
- Afterpay is presented well on merchant's websites and stores by collaborating with Partner Marketing, Relationship Managers, and SMB sales enablement.
- The sign-up e-commerce flow is optimized to limit friction by partnering with Consumer Product and Analytics.
- The programs to drive the first purchase after sign-up are optimized in partnership with CRM teams who manage the onboarding program."
You are the subject matter expert and go-to team for NAC in ANZ, which means you have your finger on the pulse for:
- Performance to ANZ’s targets, with insights that explain performance
- Consolidated view on the initiatives various teams are executing to improve/optimize new customer demand and conversion in ANZ
- Performance of our paid channels and opportunities to expand/adjust the channel mix.
- A Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field.
- 7+ years of experience in customer acquisition, digital marketing, project management, and/or ecommerce optimization.
- Proven experience running marketing campaigns, including strategy, media, creative, and measurement.
- Ability to influence cross-functional leaders and teams to deliver outcomes.
- Strong understanding of paid media channels, optimization techniques, and budget management.
- Experience in the subscription, telco, online-retail, or similar industry is preferred.
- Experience optimizing ecommerce or digital customer experience would be desirable.
- Advanced experience with analytical tools, with Tableau and Thoughtspot experience being a plus.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.