Head of Retail Partnerships, English/French Bilingual
So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, offer buy now, pay later functionality through Afterpay, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
Square’s Hardware Team builds the tangible connection to Square. We started with a simple and elegant Reader that turns any phone or tablet into a mobile point of sale - and we continue to lead this category with advances in chip card and NFC technology. Next, we introduced the Square Stand, the best way to turn your iPad into a countertop point of sale. Most recently, we expanded our HW portfolio with our Square Terminal, our all-in-one device for payments and receipts. As we introduce more products, we will meet the needs of more and more sellers with stand-out hardware products, globally. You will drive awareness and acquisition of Square Hardware through the retail channel. You will meet quarterly sales and revenue goals for Square Hardware products at French retailers such as Boulanger & CDiscount, and find opportunities for distribution at new retailers.
We want employees to reside where they feel most creative and productive. This position is based in France reporting into the Head of EU Retail Partnerships based in Dublin. The majority of the team is U.S-based and working in Pacific Standard Time.
- Establish strategies and tactics for key retailers to maximise revenue from the retail channel
- Manage relationships with existing retailers to maintain and grow Square’s retail footprint
- Drive strategic product marketing initiatives in retail
- Partner with Supply/Demand teams on new product launches and weekly forecasting
- Work with Hardware Analytics to use data and insights to make sound business decisions
- Collaborate with hardware operations for ongoing retail program maintenance and new product launches
- Identify creative/innovative opportunities to drive discovery for Square products at retail
- Manage retail marketing budget to ensure campaigns are return on investment positive and deliver intended results
- 7+ years in B2B sales, account management or retail marketing experience, preferably with Boulanger, Fnac, CDiscount or other large format retailers in France
- Fluency in English and French
- Ability to travel (30%)
- An analytical, structured thought process with the ability to assess business opportunities and marketing campaign performance
- Successfully launched products at new and existing retailers
- The ability to keep colleagues, team members and other partners aligned
- The ability to drive deals independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Business development experience (e.g. hunting and cold calling)
- A collaborative and team player mentality
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.