Relationship Manager, Mid-Market
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
As one of Afterpay’s Relationship Managers, you’ll grow and expand key partnerships across a defined portfolio of mid to large merchants both online and in-store, and exceed profitability targets for Afterpay and our partners.
We are looking for someone who will effectively run a business within the Afterpay Australian business. You will lead the direction and evolution of our merchant strategies and own the growth and development of your portfolio; identifying opportunities for establishing best practices that scale across the wider business.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin...
- Grow and develop long term profitable partnerships that deliver for our Merchants, our Customers and Afterpay. From top-line growth, right through to the unit economics you’ll focus on building a sustainable and profitable business
- Be the Afterpay and industry expert working closely with the Marketing function to showcase Afterpay as the number one BNPL player in the Australian market.
- Lead C-level external and internal engagement and stakeholder management. This role is about truly leading and managing complex relationships and engaging internally and externally to build advocacy
- Manage a complex portfolio and lead the development and analysis of the overall portfolio and its performance. You’ll develop, negotiate and execute our multi-year account plans in conjunction with our strategic partners, and lead the evolution of our pricing and contract renewal process that establishes clear and measurable ROI models for Afterpay and its partners
- Deliver a proactive customer growth strategy to drive merchant usage, satisfaction, and revenue growth across our current contracts and new opportunities
- Develop and refine our Merchant Value proposition in-store and online. Establish clear marketing best practices, optimisation strategies and expansion plans with our partners and monitor performance
- Identify and help scale best practices across a variety of areas including Operations, Risk Management, Staff Training, Visual merchandising and Marketing plans
- Lead Merchant advocacy within the Afterpay business. Foster cross-functional engagement internally across Sales, Marketing, Product, Legal, Risk and Operations to ensure our product and offering continues to evolve and exceed both our merchants and their customers’ expectations
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- You have experience in a client-facing Sales/Account Management/Customer Success role
- Your experience in an eCommerce or scale-up environment with global operations will be highly regarded
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- You have excellent relationship management skills, with the ability to manage complex enterprise relationships
- Your experience with B2B sales will be tested
- You’re comfortable effectively managing a complex portfolio while delivering top results
- You have a track record of identifying opportunities and seizing them
- Programme and Project management experience will be highly regarded
- You’ve built out Go-to-Market plans and programmes that deliver strong results and scale
- You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.