Manager, Strategy & Performance
Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, offer buy now, pay later functionality through Afterpay, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
As Afterpay’s business continues to scale, we are seeking a highly strategic individual to join the team as Manager, Strategy & Performance. This is a hybrid role that requires strategic and commercial acumen along with strong presentation, stakeholder management and program management expertise.
Reporting to the Director, Strategy & Performance and working in close partnership with our finance, analytics, sales, marketing, risk and product teams, you will be responsible for running our performance meetings with senior stakeholders as well as ensuring the right information is cascaded out to our wider team.
You will also be responsible for contributing to global business updates & reports for the ANZ Sales team. In addition to these core responsibilities, you will also lead key cross-functional initiatives designed to drive incremental revenue for our business.
This role is a tremendous development opportunity with high visibility to the leadership team.
- Lead weekly performance meetings with cross-functional stakeholders
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to develop actionable insights required to drive performance outcomes on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to keep across sales and marketing activities and monitor the impact when relevant
- Keep up to date with our business performance to ensure we are ahead of any early indicators of performance change and work with leads in sales and marketing to maximise performance against new opportunities and mitigate against potential risks
- Keep the business up to date on competitor activity as well as macro-economic trends, consumer retail behaviour and consumer sentiment.
- Lead reporting requirements for the APAC Sales Team as well as feed into internal communications on our business performance
- Lead cross-functional projects as required
- Support with the annual planning for APAC Sales team
- 5+ years of relevant experience in payments, finance, consulting, retail or other professional services with a proven track record in using data to drive business decisions
- A Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field
- Experience in stakeholder management and/or relationship management and project management as well as experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with specific focus on leading meetings, presenting and developing written reports
- Strong commercial and operational acumen as well as critical problem solving skills
- Experience using data analytics to develop actionable insights to drive business outcomes
- Experience with Google Sheets, PowerPoint, Tableau, Thoughtspot and Salesforce.
- Understanding of payments industry or, experience within a payment facilitator, regulated payment or electronic money institution (preferable)
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.