Hardware Engineering Program Coordinator
So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, offer buy now, pay later functionality through Afterpay, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
As a Hardware Engineering Program Coordinator, you will work closely with engineering teams and program management to coordinate the release of design documentation and assets necessary for development builds by our contract manufacturers. You are a customer-focused organizer who can manage rapid changes, prioritize, and track the details. You will work with engineers in all disciplines, Program Managers in engineering and operations, Product Lifecycle Analysts, and domestic and overseas suppliers and partners. This role reports to the Lead of the Engineering Program Coordination Team.
This position offers a liberal flexible schedule that combines remote work and onsite work at our beautiful Oakland office. Occasionally, specific days onsite are required to support activities managing physical hardware. You will be part of an org and team that works across multiple time zones, Pacific Time and China Time. This role is open to all people who can be effective partners with this team, including sharing typical working hours.
- Work closely with the cross-functional teams to ensure product designs are accurately defined and documented by the Bill of Materials (BOMs)
- Write Engineering Change Requests(ECRs), Deviations, and Change Orders (ECOs)
- Create build configuration spreadsheets
- Guide internal and Joint Development teams to provide design documentation in time to support approval deadlines. Coordinate readiness checklist (OK2) reviews and approval activities for electrical and mechanical design releases
- Manage suppliers, materials, and purchase orders for quick-turn board builds
- Manage builds of engineering devices at our CMs to replenish inventory
- Ship, receive, track, and distribute prototype units
- Identify risks and develop mitigation strategies. Communicate status and key updates to program teams, program managers, and functional leads
- Develop, document, improve, and present processes that allow our team to do our best work
- 3+ years of industry experience in a similar role
- Understanding of configuration management principles, experience with ECO and BOM creation
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical components and their assemblies, preferably for consumer electronics
- Comfortable with complex spreadsheets including creating and using formulas and functions
- The ability to work across time zones and travel internationally
- The ability to lift or carry items safely weighing ten (10) pounds, and on occasion up to twenty-five (25) pounds
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $125,600 - USD $153,600
Zone B: USD $119,300 - USD $145,900
Zone C: USD $113,000 - USD $138,200
Zone D: USD $106,800 - USD $130,600
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.