Senior Product Manager, Square Hardware Accessories
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
As a Hardware Product Manager at Square, you are responsible for building and executing on a roadmap for Square’s hardware accessory portfolio. Accessories in this context include any products we design, build and ship alongside our iconic payment hardware. Tangible examples include in-box power supplies, hubs, cables, and mounts, as well as standalone docks, cases, or charging accessories. You are the voice of our sellers for the products you support, proactively identifying opportunities to improve, translating those opportunities into product requirements, and working with best-in-class design, engineering, operations, and marketing teams to achieve the desired outcome. You will develop close relationships with internal customers, become an expert in our data, and help program teams establish the right development models, all in service of defining and delivering a roadmap for this large product space.
- Develop expertise on Square’s existing first-party accessory portfolio to ensure strong product performance and inform future roadmap decisions
- Own a forward-looking roadmap for Square’s first-party accessory portfolio, balancing external and internal customer needs.
- Write requirements and run Alpha and Beta programs for new accessory product development.
- Partner closely with industrial design, hardware engineering, software engineering, operations, program management, and other teams to drive prioritization and execution of important new initiatives.
- Partner with our Product Marketing team to investigate, validate and drive joint development accessory products with close manufacturing partners.
- Monitor field performance of in-field hardware and investigate new issues to provide the relevant technical teams with a place to start and a sense of importance / urgency.
- Use data-driven decision making to prioritize what we are solving for our customers.
- Have a high-level understanding of technical and operational aspects of the products you support that need to be considered as context or inputs into product decisions.
- 5-8 years of product management experience or equivalent product strategy and customer insights experience.
- 3+ years of experience working with hardware products and an understanding of the hardware development process.
- Experience leading the delivery of products / features / projects which have a high degree of cross-functional complexity and integration.
- (Preferred) A track record of shipping and iterating on successful consumer or small business products.
- Great organizational, analytical, and collaboration skills.
- A passion for Square’s mission of economic empowerment and well designed hardware products.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $202,500 - USD $247,500
Zone B: USD $192,400 - USD $235,200
Zone C: USD $182,300 - USD $222,800
Zone D: USD $172,200 - USD $210,400
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.