Lifecycle Marketing Manager
Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has over 11 million active customers globally and more than 64,000 of the world’s best retailers around the world including Anthropologie, Revolve, DSW, GOAT, Finish Line, Levi’s, Mac Cosmetics, Ray-Ban and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
Afterpay is looking for a Lifecycle Marketing Manager to join our North America marketing team. This role sits on the Customer Marketing team responsible for driving consumer, app growth and engagement. This role will work closely with the brand marketing, analytics, product and creative functions, to develop and execute strategies that drive habituation and brand love.
As a Lifecycle Marketing Manager, you will help develop and execute communications strategy to reduce churn and winback lapsed customers across owned channels, including email, in-app messaging, and push notification. We’re looking for someone who has previously shaped and successfully managed CRM comms strategy with proven results that deliver to business objectives.
- Drive end-to-end execution of lifecycle campaigns. This includes developing campaign strategy, driving the creative review process, collaborating with designers and copywriters, identifying target audience segments, and capturing and reflecting feedback from multiple stakeholders
- Build dynamic customer journey flows with actionable trigger points to reduce churn and winback lapsed customers
- Establish a strong working relationship with cross-functional stakeholders across our Product, Product Marketing, Analytics and Data Science, Partner Marketing, Retail, Creative, and Marketing teams to meet ambitious growth CRM targets
- Create experimentation roadmaps and execute a rigorous A/B testing agenda to enhance campaign effectiveness
- Conduct regular, extensive experimentation to facilitate rapid learning and application of learnings and insights
- Partner with our Analytics team to measure the impact of each campaign, and develop ways to scale, but also be able to self-serve basic campaign results, develop benchmarks, and report regularly on campaign progress and performance to marketing stakeholders
- Deeply understand our US and Canada consumers and identify opportunities for growth and optimization.
- 5+ years of experience in CRM. You have a passion for CRM and email marketing
- Experience developing and analyzing successful CRM campaigns
- Experience within a high growth eCommerce, financial services or retail environment.
- A creative mindset and experience devising campaigns that engage, inform and motivate a target audience
- A strategic, analytical and customer-first mindset.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $138,200 - USD $169,000
Zone B: USD $128,500 - USD $157,100
Zone C: USD $121,700 - USD $148,700
Zone D: USD $110,600 - USD $135,200
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.