Associate Technical Program Manager, Cloud Platform
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
Support Block as we move out of data centers into the cloud. Help us build out our platforms and tools to enable our developers to easily build and migrate their applications from our data centers to the cloud. We are looking for someone to organize and guide the work across hundreds of product engineering teams, finance, infosec, platform teams and sometimes our cloud providers, and level up our ability to accomplish this vision.
You will be part of the Foundational Engineering (FE) team, reporting to the Manager of Cloud Platform Program Management. FE is a trusted partner for every Block employee that enables product teams to succeed by providing connectivity, tools, technology and platforms. The FE organization accelerates product and business progress by enhancing productivity and reducing friction.
Are you a person with excellent interpersonal, relationship building and collaboration skills? Do you have experience driving complex programs with multiple stakeholders, and enough technical acumen to understand IasS and PaaS architecture? Sound like you? Read on!
- Partner with engineering leads across the company to manage Cloud programs, including PaaS feature development, application migrations, tooling, metrics and documentation
- Drive multiple projects to completion
- Help plan and track the development of our cloud platform migration features and migrating data center workloads to the platform
- Provide daily execution guidance for engineering projects, coordinating efforts across organizations and verticals, and help unblock all teams across Block
- Communicate migration status across the company
- Help promote the Platform Programs at Block
- Improve planning processes across teams
- 3+ years Program Management or equivalent project leadership experience
- Experience communicating and translating non-technical to technical (and vice versa) requirements and discussions, organizational, coordination, and running multiple projects
- Bachelor's degree or commensurate experience including military or non-traditional education
- General understanding of technical architecture and design
- Experience making and meeting commitments and driving team results
- [Bonus] Experience with AWS and/or Google Cloud
- [Bonus] Experience with Agile methodologies
- [Bonus] Experience with Platform Security
- [Bonus] Experience in program management with platform infrastructure and engineering organizations/teams
- [Bonus] Experience managing programs with remote/distributed teams
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $125,600 - USD $153,600
Zone B: USD $119,300 - USD $145,900
Zone C: USD $113,700 - USD $138,200
Zone D: USD $106,800 - USD $130,600
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.