Performance Marketing Manager, International Search & Shopping
So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, offer buy now, pay later functionality through Afterpay, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
Square is looking for an extraordinary Performance Marketing Manager to help drive new user growth through our Paid Search and Shopping channels in our international markets. As a member of the Acquisition Team, you'll manage performance of all Paid Search and Shopping campaigns across our core payments business and SaaS products. You will represent the Demand Generation team as a subject matter expert, responsible for informing strategy and executing $XXM campaigns for one of our largest direct response channels.
- Manage a $XXM budget for SEM campaigns to bring in new sellers across all of Square's products in international markets
- Lead the strategy for Search and Shopping campaigns and manage an agency to align on campaign build, spend pacing, and optimization
- Build the testing roadmap and tactical plans for each individual market and align with agency on execution to ensure internal KPIs are met
- Collaborate with international stakeholders on overall channel performance and align on testing plans for each market
- Report out on weekly and monthly campaign metrics, goals, and other KPIs
- Oversee the annual and quarterly planning process for each market
- Use a process of testing to prove hypotheses and recommend performance optimizations such as improving campaign structure and targeting, search query mining, keyword expansion, LP testing, and improvement of bid management processes across both channels
- Research and use SEM industry trends and competitive analysis to inform marketing strategy
- Build best-in-class acquisition programs through partnership with Analytics, Data Science, and Product teams
- Collaborate with our organic team to help drive growth in our overall acquisition efforts across both paid and organic channels
- Use a data-driven approach to manage campaigns and obtain insights on strategy and performance
- 3+ years of related performance marketing experience managing Search and Shopping campaigns with a $XXM budget
- Hands-on experience managing Paid Search and Shopping campaigns across Google and Bing including building strategy, planning, executing, and testing to improve performance marketing metrics
- Experience with A/B testing creative assets and different bidding strategies
- Adwords Certification
- Bonus: Experience with Web tracking and attribution
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $125,600 - USD $153,600
Zone B: USD $116,800 - USD $142,800
Zone C: USD $110,500 - USD $135,100
Zone D: USD $100,500 - USD $122,900
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.