Technical Product Manager
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
The Hardware Business Systems team runs the end-to-end supply chain technology platform for our new Bitcoin Hardware product, from planning to execution. We are hiring for an experienced product manager to work with our Bitcoin hardware business and operations teams like eCommerce & Retail Fulfillment, Demand forecasting, Supply planning and Manufacturing teams to help deliver on a strategic roadmaps to achieve desired business outcomes and financial objectives.
As a product manager, you will closely work with the business, operations and financial stakeholders to prioritize, plan, execute, manage change and deliver predicted outcomes for the most impactful cross functional programs. You will strive to increase the execution efficiency and influence the best technical and business decisions aligned with the team/org/company goals. You will also build partnerships with internal/external stakeholders to identify new opportunities and translate them into a business case.
We want employees to reside where they feel most creative and productive, and are open to remote locations. You will be part of a distributed team and are open to sharing and adjusting to typical working hours (Pacific Standard Time).
- Own successful delivery of large-impact initiatives in partnership with technology, business, operations and financial stakeholders
- Bring stakeholder alignment on key issues using a large toolkit including structure, logic, data, clear communications, and emotional intelligence.
- Proactively communicate launch plans, status, risks, and mitigations to the broader team.
- Maintain a prioritized roadmap for the next 12 months with clear requirements and business justification for each item on the roadmap.
- Lead your sprint team into executing on timelines and delivering results within target range.
- Develop technical requirements for developers, integration engineers and data engineers and help prioritize them during sprint planning.
- Grasp complex technical topics and simplify it for your important audience with value drivers and influence assessment
- Monitor launched projects/features and use metrics to iterate and refine.
- 5+ years of experience working in eCommerce/Retail, Order Fulfillment, Supply chain, Inventory optimization systems. Experience with platform products like Shopify, Magento, BigCommerce etc is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience in Technical Product Management.
- Collaboration: A track record of shipping and iterating on successful enterprise products/solutions that required partnering with and building consensus across multiple teams, organizations, and/or companies,
- Technical: You have strong technical underpinnings, and are passionate about API’s, systems design, architecture, security, scalability and reliability.
- Communication: Ability to both operate and communicate at a strategic level and dive deep into the technical details and complexity with ease. You can readily communicate highly technical and complex topics to non-technical audiences.
- Execution: You’re scrappy, solution-oriented, and able to help the team push through obstacles and blockers to deliver value for our customers.
- Problem Solving: Experience working and delivering on complex internal/external platform problems with high ambiguity and without a clear answer.
- Experience running cross functional meetings such as WBRs, QBRs and Annual plans
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $125,600 - USD $153,600
Zone B: USD $119,300 - USD $145,900
Zone C: USD $113,000 - USD $138,200
Zone D: USD $106,800 - USD $130,600
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.