Accounts Payable Specialist
Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, offer buy now, pay later functionality through Afterpay, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
As we continue to grow, we are looking for a highly analytical and detail orientated Accounts Payable Specialist to join our team based in Ireland. Reporting to the International Accounts Payable Lead you will play an integral part in the day-to-day operational accounting, as well as have an opportunity to work on various process improvement projects.
- Manage full-cycle Accounts Payable with various responsibilities and areas of coverage which include: Invoice processing (NonPO and 2 or 3 way matching of POs), Payment initiation, Expense Audit, Corporate Card, Journal Entry
- Respond to supplier and employee inquiries
- Ensure accurate and timely invoice processing, including PO and NONPO
- Initiate Payment Batches, review outstanding payments, review and action payment holds and rejections
- Review and administrate Corporate Card
- Contribute to special projects on an ad-hoc basis
- Support a timely and accurate month-end close and financial reporting process
- Prepare and maintain standard operating procedures, communications, and policies
- Prepare journal entries and Reconciliations
- Track audit expenses and analyse expense reports
- Provide supporting documentation for regulatory audits
- Previous experience within Accounts Payable
- Experience with Expense Reporting Systems
- Strong Excel skills
- An understanding of full-cycle Accounts Payable procedures
- Highly accurate and detail-oriented with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong understanding of financial and operational controls
- Some working knowledge of GAAP (preferred)
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.