Employee Experience Associate, Customer Success
Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, offer buy now, pay later functionality through Afterpay, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
The Customer Success Employee Experience team is the internal voice of Square Customer Success and leads the work that keeps our global workforce up-to-speed and connected to our purpose through elevated communications and engagement experiences, which is more important than ever in Square’s distributed and diverse environment. We create and curate content and programs that fuel connectivity and culture by helping CS employees to stay informed, empowered, and inspired to provide great experiences for our Square sellers.
You will serve to support the work happening in CS internal communications and engagement. The ideal candidate will be passionate about employee communications, has a proven ability to bring new ideas to the table and create plans to execute them, strong writing skills, and an ability to think creatively.
What you’ll do:
- Support engagement team communications by creating and editing engagement-focused content for employees
- Partner with teams across the business to edit and publish their content
- Monitor internal channels (email, Slack, etc.) to look for opportunities to engage Squares, connect them with each other, clarify information, and maintain purpose-focus and collaboration in the way we work
- Create and maintain an organized digital repository of CSEE communications and engagement content
- Manage intranet content; make updates as needed
- Support execution for CSEE initiatives, operations and events such as Culture Club, Rewards and Recognition, giveaways and all-hands meetings
- Create Canva graphic assets for CSEE initiatives and Customer Success requests
- Work directly with employees to collect feedback on communications and engagement; find new ways to implement and track reach with analytics
- Coordinate and maintain CSEE operations such as maintaining distribution lists as needed, collecting data for monthly CSEE scorecards, etc.
What you have:
- 2+ years of employee communications experience
- Experience planning, organizing, prioritizing, and executing simultaneous projects and activities
- A strong sense of ownership - be a self-starter, proactive, detail-oriented, and results-driven
- Understanding of, and interest in, employee culture and engagement
- Success in working both independently and as part of a team where active conversation and collaboration are required
- Ability to persuade and inspire others to move towards the same objective
- Project management experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and meet deadlines - we move quickly!
- Experience in Canva is a plus
- Curiosity, creative thinking, and a sense of humor
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $78,000 - USD $95,400
Zone B: USD $72,500 - USD $88,700
Zone C: USD $66,300 - USD $81,100
Zone D: USD $58,500 - USD $71,500
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.