Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers.
The Cash Customer Operations (CCO) Operational Excellence Team seeks a Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) manager to oversee the implementation and maintenance of a GRC solution within CCO.
This role resides within the CCO Operational Excellence (OE) team and will be championing GRC initiatives across CCO including:
- Support OE Team with GRC implementation
- Serve in a project management capacity to ensure that appropriate teams are involved including facilitation of project introduction, kick-off meetings & weekly status meetings, while and managing project timeline
- Work closely with development teams and clients to ensure proposed solutions meet best practices and business needs
- Plan and execute User Acceptance Testing activities and provide final quality assurance reviews of all deliverables
- Prepare and deliver training sessions and produce training material
- Answers technical and configuration questions
- Partner with other GRC Program Managers throughout the organization to create consistent tooling.
- Maintain responsibility for continuous maintenance of GRC platform including:
- Customizations/modifications of GRC configurations, including workflows, reports, and data feeds
- Maintenance and modification of GRC workflows to automate/digitize manual processes
- Coordinates application and platform upgrades across multiple instances
- Facilitates root cause analysis of functionality issues to minimize impact and future occurrences
- Creates system documentation/playbook(s)
- Develops clear and concise technical and process documentation
Other responsibilities include:
- Act as an agent for positive change with agility, adaptability, and flexibility. Embrace change and welcome different viewpoints to solve problems
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to design and drive dashboard reporting for data maintained within GRC
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Provide support to the Operational Excellence Program on other initiatives, as needed.
- Analyze complex GRC topics and provide essential messages to audiences.
- 6+ years in compliance, risk management, IT audit, or information security assurance
- General understanding of relevant financial services regulation and supervisory expectations for large complex financial institutions
- Experience in risk management, compliance, legal or other control-related functions in regulated industries, such as financial services, energy, technology, regulatory organization, public accounting, audit or consulting firm, or a combination thereof.
- Experience in designing, reengineering, optimizing, and documenting financial, operational, technology, and business requirements, processes and workflow related to any of the listed GRC functions through stakeholder interviews, facilitated workshops, and analysis of client process documentation
- Experience in creating, drafting, and refining core business foundational elements such as process, risk, and control frameworks through stakeholder interviews, knowledge of industry leading practices and frameworks, facilitated workshops, and analysis of client process documentation;Deep understanding of access control, specifically role based access and inheritance of role and record based permissions
- Experience identifying sources of data outside of GRC solutions, and designing integration approaches to share data between client and third party systems
- Experience with implementing GRC technology such as (but not limited to) RSA Archer, MetricStream, Protecht, or ServiceNow; and, Knowledge of proper technical documentation techniques to capture GRC solution design and configuration to meet client SDLC requirements and satisfy client requirements.
- Experience in the area of process automation with experience standing up continuous monitoring within an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, analytically, and creatively problem solve
- Continuous improvement mind-set - assess impact of actions and adjust as needed; simplify and standardize at every opportunity
- Experience with reporting software such as Power BI, Looker, or Tableau
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $125,600 - USD $153,600
Zone B: USD $116,800 - USD $142,800
Zone C: USD $110,500 - USD $135,100
Zone D: USD $100,500 - USD $122,900
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.