BizOps Strategy Manager
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers.
BizOps is short for “Business Operations”. Akin to how a Sales Operations team or Supply Chain Operations team exist to improve the performance of their associated team, BizOps works horizontally to improve the performance of the Cash App business as a whole.
BizOps engagements are referred to within Cash App as “special projects”. Special projects are temporary, high-impact engagements sponsored by a member of Cash Leadership (which span from Product to People). BizOps is typically called upon to bring structure to a complex area of work, work with the cross-functional teams with subject matter expertise needed to realize quick wins, and design and transition to a long term model that can own the area of work going forward.
Example projects in the past have included:
- Writing requirements documents for new processes, teams, or operating models at Cash App
- Designing metrics frameworks and piloting reporting infrastructure to track priority initiatives
- Project managing urgent deliverables requiring tight coordination of multiple teams
In order to scale our ability to take on more projects, we’re looking to hire an outstanding BizOps Strategy Manager who will be a senior individual contributor (IC) on the team. Given the broad range of projects BizOps is tasked to take on, successful team members usually are equipped with a multidisciplinary skillset and operate with “wide but shallow” subject matter expertise.
- Own the end-to-end delivery of large-scoped, cross-functional projects from the analysis and research stage through implementation and execution all the way to transition and go-forward planning.
- Work directly with members of our Cash management team to scope work, manage priorities and timelines, and if necessary, push back and manage expectations to ensure the success of the most important parts of the work
- Work cross-functionally with teams across the Cash App org to come up with solutions to complex problems and do whatever is needed to successfully implement said solutions.
- Have 8+ years of experience in fast-paced and analytical roles in growth, analytics, business operations, management consulting, or finance; preferably with experience at a high-growth tech company.
- An ownership mindset. Meaning you proactively identify areas of workstream-sized areas of opportunity, contextualize them against the bigger picture, and can form realistic plans to execute on them. You’ve built products, teams, and/or processes from scratch.
- Track record of leadership and self-supervision. You get work done without being told and work through ambiguity using good time management, self-prioritization, proactive unblocking, and using good judgment on when to push through vs escalate.
- Ability to deconstruct complexity using frameworks. You can break down and organize large problems into solvable, prioritized pieces
- Experience working through influence and building relationships. You know how to get buy in, push back on things, manage/resolve conflict with peers and leaders, and manage expectations upwards.
- Strong project management skills. You have tools and methods to organize, track, and keep alignment on work for a large, cross functional team.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. You have a strong ability to write or present work, often using data, to leadership level audiences
- Strong data analytics skills. You have tools and methods to work with large data sets and find high level insights, including data set quality auditing, business modeling and statistical tests.
- A high degree of self-awareness and coachability. You are able to seek, receive and action on feedback in an effective manner. You have the ability to recognize weaknesses and mitigate them.
- A demonstrated history of impact at places you work. In organizations and endeavors you’ve been a part of, you leave a lasting positive impact.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $184,100 - USD $225,000
Zone B: USD $174,900 - USD $213,700
Zone C: USD $165,700 - USD $202,500
Zone D: USD $156,400 - USD $191,200
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.