Collections Agency Management, Afterpay
*This role is only hiring in Reno, NV*
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic ecosystem, developing unique financial products, including Afterpay/Clearpay, to provide a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our 47 million monthly active customers. We want to redefine the world’s relationship with money to make it more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers.
In Collections Agency Management you'll be responsible for liaising with customers, external collections agencies, and customer service teams to facilitate the collections activity, reduce losses, and review the investigation and outcome of customer disputed liability claims in accordance with our company guidelines - The Gramm Leach Bliley Act (GLBA), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), and other relevant legislation Afterpay and their collection partners are governed by.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide assistance to collections customers and DCA’s across North America
- Provide necessary counseling and education regarding theft cases to potential victims
- Analyze the identity theft information to understand the seriousness of the theft
- Maintain database of theft case information for timely retrieval and analysis
- Analyze customer statements and police reports to resolve identity theft cases and claims
- Respond to our DCA inquiries
- Join and Participate in DCA Calibration sessions
- Assessing call recordings and emails sent by NA DCA’s
- Audit customer accounts, calls, emails, SMS that are being worked at NA DCA’s.
- Manage and handle customer complaints
- Reconciling accounts with finance and DCA’s
- Liaising with Financial Counsellors and any authorized third party
- Processing and finalizing bankruptcy
- Other tasks as directed by the collections team to support NA DCA’s and Afterpay internal collections team
- Communicate with vendors, customers, and their representatives to investigate and identify suitable outcomes
- Developing strong and courteous relationships with customers and vendors
- Negotiating solutions with more challenging customers and vendors
- Respond to all enquiries from vendors, customers, and their representatives within agreed SLAs
- Ensure all activity is completed in accordance with standard operating procedures, company policies and relevant legislation.
- Negotiate solutions which result in reduced losses and/or commission
- Identify solutions to increase rehabilitation of consumers post collections activity.
- Shown expertise with financial investigations demonstrating risk-based judgment, problem-solving skills, and strong analytical ability
- Ability to analyze issues and develop a problem-solving methodology with minimal guidance
- Ability to multi-task and work in a high volume, high-pressure environment
- Demonstrated skills related to individual case/workload management
- Strong time management skills utilizing a risk-based approach to prioritizing and completing daily tasks
- Must have strong interpersonal, influencing, and facilitation skills, with strong oral and written communication ability
- Ability to make a strong individual contribution to the development of a high-functioning team
- Shown ability to effectively work independently while also collaborating with team members as well as internal business units and industry peers
- Exceptional client focus: ability to form relationships and establish trust, respect, competence, and confidence effectively and quickly
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict adherence to regulatory guidance regarding Unusual Activity Report (UAR) filings as they relate to fraud as well as internal compliance standards and guidelines
- Working knowledge of the FDCPA and TCPA guidelines
- Stakeholder engagement and relationship management
- High level of emotional intelligence and the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Collections Experience
- Influencing skills
- Highly developed negotiation skills
- An exemplary telephone manner
- Superior writing skills
- Good communication skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience in call auditing/call calibrations
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $37.50 - USD $45.87
Zone B: USD $34.86 - USD $42.64
Zone C: USD $31.88 - USD $38.99
Zone D: USD $28.13 - USD $34.38
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.