Head of Enterprise Sales, North America
So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, offer buy now, pay later functionality through Afterpay, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
The North American Enterprise team at Block is responsible for driving revenue to Block’s core consumer businesses (Afterpay, Cash App) through commerce, giving our Merchant partners access to the largest and most engaged network of next generation consumers.
We are looking for a high-energy, dynamic strategic Head of Enterprise Sales to build the strategy behind Block’s revenue expansion and ultimately strike strategic partnerships with the largest consumer brands in the world across travel, fashion, beauty, big box, home, and more. You will be responsible for driving strategy & execution of complex deals across a team of incredible Sales team members with leading brands in commerce, in addition to overseeing and mentoring the Team Leaders, and ultimately being responsible for outcomes across the Enterprise organization.
This role requires a strategic problem solver who is an effective influencer with a high degree of business acumen. They thrive in challenging, fast-paced, cross-functional environments and have a passion for driving creative solutions and developing others. The ideal candidate has demonstrated excellence in shaping scalable organizations. Leadership, change management, data driven decision making, and a dedication to continuous improvement are also key skills for the role.
We are much more than our job descriptions - we are our energy, our ideas, our everyday drive. Here’s where you will begin…
- Oversee Enterprise Sales Leadership Team: Lead a team of highly-experienced Enterprise Sales Leads. Support in coaching both Leads and Sales Representatives to navigate complex and often first-of-kind deal negotiation and execution for the Block organization by designing playbooks for methodical deal management for highly complex, large-scale organizations; holding team members to business OKRs, and clearing internal & external blockers to revenue generation.
- Drive Portfolio Strategy: Leverage insights across your team’s deal experience to centralize & socialize the very best sales narratives that resonate with Enterprise & organizationally-complex merchants. Feed key insights back to the broader Enterprise leadership team to inform deal strategy across Merchants of all sizes to position Block to win deals. Develop strategies, revenue plans, portfolio OKRs and product prioritization guidance.
- Build an A-Team: Develop a team of top-performing Sales teams. Partner closely with cross-functional teams to better support your team in driving deals forward, including Marketing, Finance, Product, Risk, Legal, Operations, Customer Service; and with external partners’ cross-functional executives
- Build Block’s Network: Develop and grow Block’s relationships with leading brands, and with senior executives.
- Be the Voice of Block: Represent Block to the leading Enterprise Merchants as a thought-leader in the payments landscape and demonstrate Block’s value as a growth driver for our commerce partners. Represent Block as a spokesperson at industry events, trade shows and networking functions.
Like us, you’ll be obsessed with our product. You’ll be energized and inspired seeing and feeling the impact of your work as more people gain financial freedom and access across the globe.
You will have….
- 15-20+ years experience in high-growth environments leading Enterprise Sales Organizations, preferably in a fast-moving technology or financial services company and experience working with large-scale Enterprise organizations
- Proven experience building and scaling within complex, global organizations
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to develop talent, build strong cross-functional relationships and work collaboratively
- Strong executive presence, with demonstrated ability to influence and earn trust with senior leaders, ask the right questions, and use sound business judgment internally and externally at large companies, including at the C-suite level
- A self-starter mentality, where leaning in and wearing multiple hats in a fast-paced, often ambiguous environment is business-as-usual
- An operational mindset, with an ability to lead teams through complex deal constructs, relationships and organizations by setting a clear vision and implementing robust processes
- Comfortable working with analytics & tools that support business performance measurement & management
- Significant experience driving and executing on complex deal work and strategy
- Creative storytelling abilities, able to seek out relevant, meaningful data and build business cases to inform partners on Block’s value proposition
- A willingness to travel
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $188,000 - USD $229,800
Zone B: USD $188,000 - USD $229,800
Zone C: USD $188,000 - USD $229,800
Zone D: USD $188,000 - USD $229,800
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.