From an Australian-born company to a rapidly growing global business, we’re on the ride of a lifetime!
We’re on a mission to be the world’s most loved way to pay. We love connecting our customers with brands they love and empowering them to spend their money and buy what they want in a responsible way. We’re all about building a high-performing team, where our teams come to work to be the best they can be. We are grounded in reality and work together to achieve the extraordinary.
It’s a fast-paced business and that’s the way we love it. We know that world class talent is the only way to pave our future success, so come and work with some of the brightest minds and be part of the once in a lifetime ride.
We are seeking a Deputy MLRO to support the delivery and development of Clearpay’s AML/CTF and Sanctions Compliance Program. You will act as a trusted AML expert for the business, design controls, lead projects, and see your touch our millions of customers and thousands of merchants.
You will manage multiple touch points, which include running daily operations with the compliance teams based in the UK and abroad and driving priority initiatives on the compliance roadmap. You will collaborate with compliance operational teams and other relevant internal partners to ensure our program complies with all applicable laws and regulations in the UK. You will demonstrate excellent project management, regulatory, process and systems design, data analytics, and documentation abilities.
- Perform AML/CTF risk analysis of customers, arrangements and product features and propose controls to mitigate those risks
- Develop and draft AML/CTF policies, procedures and controls for our products and features
- Provide MLRO delegate approval for higher risk classes of customer including PEPs, Marketplaces, and Payment Service Providers
- Evaluate operational processes, recommend improvements, and oversee their delivery to enhance compliance with applicable UK laws, regulations and industry best practices
- Design and implement training, management information, reporting, and escalations management
- Help execute process improvements and procedure updates for the compliance operational teams
- Draft and maintain relevant documentation and content for changes to the program in accordance with regulatory updates, new products, and overall Compliance team policies and procedures
- Oversee the end-to-end implementation of each operational change and communicate progress to leadership and all relevant partners
- Stay informed of regulatory developments, industry trends and Clearpay’s roadmaps to drive decisions
- 5+ years working within AML/CTF Compliance in a UK-regulated firm, ideally within merchant acquiring, payments, or consumer credit
- Familiarly with the Money Laundering Regulations and JMLSG Guidance
- Experience applying a risk-based approach to AML/CTF and Sanctions controls
- Knowledge in AML/CTF and Sanctions risks and typologies
- Experience in project management, from kick-off to completed deliverables
- Experience writing policy and/or procedure documentation tailored to purpose and audience
- Superb organisational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment, and operate both independently and with team members of all levels
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.