Senior Product Manager, Entity Screening
The Financial Crimes Product team sits within the Compliance Foundational team, and serves the mission to build technology solutions that help Block, Inc. manage regulatory risk at scale, thereby empowering its core businesses to grow and bring economic empowerment to all. We develop intelligent detection systems to identify suspicious users and build end–to-end, customer-centric solutions that help a global team of investigators analyze and act on billions of dollars in blockchain, person-to-person (P2P), and merchant transactions across the globe to find and stop criminal activity.
As the Senior Product Manager of the Entity Screening Platform, reporting into the Lead PM for Financial Crimes, you will lead a cross-functional team in building a scalable platform that helps identify sanctioned, politically exposed, and other high-risk users, merchants, and ecosystem partners and keep them off of Block’s platforms. You will work in a technical space and working with several product, engineering, machine learning, and policy teams across Block, Inc. to stay ahead of the rapidly-changing regulatory landscape.
- Product Vision: Set a long-term vision for the Entity Screening Platform, which will ladder up into the broader Compliance Product team’s vision
- Strategy: Define the product/platform strategy and goals on behalf of a dedicated cross-functional team of engineers, designers, and program managers
- Planning and Execution: Partner with all partners to define the Entity Screening Platform team’s roadmap and define platform requirements and third-party integration projects that inspire creativity, scale, and performance.
- Stakeholder management: Communicate the strategy, goals, and impact to Compliance leadership and align primary product partners to the platform’s roadmap to ensure Block’s ability to expand our product footprint while keeping users safe and meeting regulatory requirements.
- 7+ years product management experience
- Ability to understand system architecture, third-party system integrations, and platform development
- Experience building consensus among several stakeholders/partners and shipping products with highly-technical requirements
- Strong opinions, loosely-held – you have conviction in your ideas yet you are open to diverse points of view
- Past experience working in regulatory compliance, globals sanctions, and/or engineering is a plus
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $202,500 - USD $247,500
Zone B: USD $192,400 - USD $235,200
Zone C: USD $182,300 - USD $222,800
Zone D: USD $172,200 - USD $210,400
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.