Customer Support Team Lead
Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, offer buy now, pay later functionality through Afterpay, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
We’re seeking a Customer Support Team Lead to report to our Customer Success Leader and manage a group of our Customer Support Associates who pride themselves on providing outstanding customer care to Square sellers across Australia. You will be passionate about Square and our focus on economic empowerment. We are in need of a strong people leader and someone who loves working in a high-tech environment. You will not only lead a team of passionate Customer Support Associates, but will also build outstanding operations - optimising all Customer Support channels including Phone, Messaging and Email - while strengthening team culture, driving customer happiness, and promoting employee success.
You may have current experience leading a customer service team in hospitality, retail, or another customer-focused role. You will work with your lead and Square teammates to develop a career in a technology company, better understand the unique challenges faced by Australian (and international) small business owners, and help promote long-term success for Square in Australia. This role is based in Melbourne with the option to work in our Melbourne office or work from home.
- Coach Customer Support team members, with a focus on continuing and enhancing their professional development
- Drive business metrics through monitoring, supporting and leading the growth and performance of the team
- Improve Square Australia customer satisfaction across all channels (Phone, Messaging and Email)
- Ensure delivery of critical Customer Success projects, leading these end to end
- Gather and synthesise data, suggesting improvements of tools, techniques and productivity to help scale the team and operations
- Scale the Customer Support team by capitalising on opportunities for increased effectiveness and efficiency
- Occasionally work on public holidays to support our Square Australia sellers
- A passion for Square and ensuring an outstanding customer experience
- Customer support experience with experience directly managing teams of at least five individual contributors
- Strong change management skills and the ability to effectively influence and partner with cross-functional teams
- Creative problem-solving abilities and working in highly ambiguous environments
- BA/BS degree or related experience
- Past product or project management experience
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.