Martech Operations Lead
Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has over 11 million active customers globally and more than 64,000 of the world’s best retailers around the world including Anthropologie, Revolve, DSW, GOAT, Finish Line, Levi’s, Mac Cosmetics, Ray-Ban and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
Afterpay is looking for an Martech Operations Lead to join our Marketing team. This role will work closely with the global Marketing and Product teams to develop and maintain the technical stack that sits beneath our CRM and paid media activity. This highly technical role will be supporting US, UK, and AU teams and will require strong stakeholder management of both internal and external partners. We are looking for candidates that have developed, maintained & advanced martech stacks for high growth marketing organizations with exceptional problem-solving skills and have the ability to work closely with marketing, analytics, product, and engineering. You are a highly-motivated individual who can bring the power of technology, scale of operations and art of marketing into one house.
- Oversee CRM and paid marketing technology infrastructure and access; data management and analytics
- Manage relationships with 3rd party partners for onboarding, contract renewals, QBRs, incident reporting, feature updates, and usage monitoring and drive internal procurement process and security reviews for partners
- Own the martech vision to ensure our stack continues to adapt to the needs of our marketing & business goals by understanding marketing requirements; translating, prioritizing & scoping requirements with product and engineering teams; establishing acceptance criteria, and testing new capabilities in collaboration with marketing teams
- Integrate martech products with each other as required
- Train and support marketing team on martech products
- Be the escalation point for day to day support and QA across our platforms
- Work with regional CRM and paid operations teams to iterate and improve our intake process for the entire business, ensure adherence, optimize and adjust process as needed
- Partner with data analytics on defining segments and customer data hygiene across channels
- Build partnerships and instill trust with marketers, and CRM team members and the business as a whole
- Act as the primary CRM and paid ads stakeholder in conversations with product and data to ensure we have the right tool and data
- Monitor overall CRM account / domain health on a monthly cadence
- 5+ years of direct technical marketing experience
- Proven ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams, specifically with Product, Data Science, Engineering and Product Marketing
- Email deployment experience in Iterable or an equivalent technology
- Deep Linking deployment experience in Branch or equivalent technology
- CMS experience in Builder or equivalent technology
- Familiarity with basic scripting languages and concepts, measurement methodologies for platform implementation
- Working familiarity with HTML/CSS
- High technical aptitude with ability to quickly ramp up on internal nuances related to people, process, and technology
- High attention to detail and strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to collaborate with various teams across the globe and flexibility to work across time zones when necessary
- Critical thinker with creative solutions to solve challenges and meet business requirements
- Thrives in fast-paced environments and can adapt quickly to shifting priorities
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $167,300 - USD $204,500
Zone B: USD $155,600 - USD $190,200
Zone C: USD $147,200 - USD $180,000
Zone D: USD $138,900 - USD $169,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.