Product Lead, Dashboard Web
Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, offer buy now, pay later functionality through Afterpay, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
The Dashboard Web team makes it easy for sellers to understand the health of their business, manage it efficiently, and find ways to grow with Square.
As the Senior Product Manager and lead on this team you will build products that bring together Square's services in one easy to use experience. Your scope will not just be individual features, but scalable systems that help sellers manage their businesses more efficiently across all of Square. You'll work with a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, and data scientists to address high impact seller problems, partnering with other Square teams and Square leadership. Products you might work on include the seller dashboard, navigation, search, notifications, and the dashboard mobile app.
- Direct and utilize user research, data analysis, and market research to identify high priority seller and business opportunity areas
- Develop product strategies and roadmaps to address seller needs and drive business growth.
- Drive investment decisions within your team, and make and justify annual recommendations on investment level for your product area.
- Validate whether product strategies will have the intended impact with a combination of qualitative user research and quantitative experimentation.
- Anticipate non-obvious risks and resolve highly complex issues.
- Gain agreement from executives and other senior team leaders.
- Edit project requirements, clarify implementation details, and make strategic tradeoff decisions as needed.
- Communicate and drive alignment on strategies and roadmaps within your team and with stakeholder teams at Square.
- 8+ years of product management experience or equivalent, A strong sense of user empathy and interest in supporting independent businesses.
- Experience developing product strategies and breaking them down into clearly scoped roadmaps and requirements.
- Experience testing and launching products at scale with a high bar for experimental rigor.
- Experience applying data to drive personalized experiences at scale
- Ability to understand technical systems and how they operate, not necessarily in an engineering capacity, but enough to spot potential issues and make trade off decisions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to create clarity from ambiguity and distill complex issues into easy to understand narratives.
- Demonstrated excellence in using principled decision making to manage diverse stakeholders, including peers and executive leadership.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $202,500 - USD $247,500
Zone B: USD $192,400 - USD $235,200
Zone C: USD $182,300 - USD $222,800
Zone D: USD $172,200 - USD $210,400
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.